SNAKE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, May 28, 2009.

1. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

Anyone know who sells Moth Balls ?

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Walmarts.

3. clive

clive Well-Known Member

I've handled snakes my whole life. My mom used to freak out because our neighbors in San Antonio would call me to come get the baby rattlers out of their yard when i was a kid........until she got used to it, that is.
    That was just a harmless little garter snake........just like my first pet snake.:cry:
    Anyway, if anyone in the 4042 area encounters any snakes at all during the week I'd be happy to come get it if I'm available......venomous or non.
    Alot of you already know where I work but for those who don't....

Mark Brummer
    Cleveland Road Super Storage
    550-9550
    Mon-Thu 9-6
    Fri 9-11(or thereabouts)

4. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Ok Webbie needs to sticky this because I'm going to be so frantic if I encounter a snake I am not going to have the time or mindframe to do a search. Thanks Mark!!

Oh and you're really close to my house so I may just come running down the street screaming. :)

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yes...DH loves the legless creatures...he's been busy at work today...but I'll be sure to tell him of HG's adventure with the poor harmless snake..LOL. I'm sure he'll weigh in on this when he gets time later on.

:)

6. clive

clive Well-Known Member

You're welcome.
    ....and I'll be listening for you!:lol:

7. Rcskip

Rcskip Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a garter snake. Unless you are a fish or smell like fish he has no interest in you 8)

8. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Really, garter snakes eat fish? I thought they ate bugs in the yard! :lol:

9. Rcskip

Rcskip Well-Known Member

from wikipedia

Garter snakes, like all snakes, are carnivorous. Their diet consists of almost any creature that they are capable of overpowering: slugs, earthworms, insects, leeches, lizards, spiders, amphibians, birds, fish, toads and rodents. When living near the water, they will eat other aquatic animals. The ribbon snake in particular favors frogs (including tadpoles), readily eating them despite their strong chemical defenses. Food is swallowed whole. Garter snakes often adapt to eat whatever they can find. Although they dine mostly upon live animals, they will sometimes eat eggs.

Mostly around here they eat amphibians and fish. In my experience they would rather die than eat rodents and lizards don't entice them either.

10. clive

clive Well-Known Member

When I had mine as a kid I would buy "feeder" goldfish from the pet store and put them in her water bowl. She'd dive right in after 'em!
    .....fun to watch really.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

12. Steeler_Fan

13. Steeler_Fan

14. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

One of my son's best friends got bitten by a copperhead snake. Bit on his finger tip and boy, it looked pretty bad - all purple/black and tissue is all knotty. Went to 3 different hospitals due to anti-venom availability, but he survived. Whew!

15. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

16. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Why not fill your house with mothballs and show them how wrong they are ...... just make sure your affairs are in order first.

17. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I think you need to be deputized as a neighborhood law enforcer. Law down the law on those moth ball users. First you want to go after the person who want to put a note in their neighbor's mailbox and now the folks who want to scare off the snakes. I know you wouldn't want to wear a gun, but you could get a nifty badge. Somebody's got to do it right? I just hope your neighbors know how well protected their mailboxes and yards are from predators. :lol:

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Dear Inquisitor General, I remember you had a little problem with mailboxes while under your previous username (the one you whined about being condescended to).

Regarding my posts, please remember the ignore feature works on this site if you wish to remain uninformed.

Oh, and here is the smiley to make it all good. ;)

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Poor thing......especially when you think about all the bad stuff around the house it could have eaten.

20. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

That made me snort. Too early to be spitting drink on my screen! :mrgreen: