Schools

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kdog, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

I know its early and I don't want to rush the kids back to school so soon (wink), anyone know when the school district sends the letters out to the kids on what teacher they are getting next year.

2. MARPKR

MARPKR Active Member

I don't but I am interested in finding that out also. My son's 2nd grade teacher was a meth head and I knew something was up when I met her at orientation so since then I like to inquire on the teachers to see what we have to look forward to and see if I need to get his class changed. The school tries to think they know what is best for our kids but the parents are really the only ones that know what is best!!

3. Possum1970

Possum1970 Member

Each school does it differently, but I wouldn't expect it before Aug 14 when teachers go back. Some schools still have open positions. Also, until the state finalizes the budget, you don't know exactly how many teacher positions you will have.

4. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

DAMN! that is terrible! Hope your child has a better year

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Active Member

Interesting

I wonder if he had the same 2nd grade teacher that my daughter had.

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

7. newmom5497

newmom5497 Well-Known Member

I know at the school where I work as a teacher, we dont send our letters out until the first Monday work-day back...so not until Aug. 17th. Meet-the teacher will probaby be that Wed. or Thurs.(19th/20th)..but I'm sure all schools are a bit different.

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Last year we didn't get our letter from West View until the day before orientation! It will probably be the same this year, since orientation is that week they go back...I hate waiting that long, I like to ask around, check out websites, stuff like that and it doesn't give you much time. I remember I didn't get the list until the day before, because I had to go get all the stuff the same day as orientation.

I will say, my kids had the GREATEST teachers ever last year, don't know how anyone could top it this year.

9. cece

cece Well-Known Member

That's part of the reason so many parents are starting to home school.

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

And we can contact ex-teachers in case we need some extra help/tutoring for chemistry. :lol: