Which club membership do you prefer

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jjganny, Jan 17, 2010.

1. TVfan

TVfan Active Member

Sorry guys. My brother thought it was a Costco in Fuquay, but I just checked it out and it is actually an Aldi's. They are suppose to be good also. There is no membership and their prices are up to 50% below traditional supermarkets. You have to bring your own shopping bags, that's one way they save money. Also you have to put in a quarter to get a shopping cart and you get it back when you return the cart to the corral. I wish they would put a Costco and an Olive Garden at 40/42.

2. rjfields

rjfields Well-Known Member

BOOK STORE!!!!!!! can we please get a books a million or something here!!!!!!!

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

What happened to the book store on 70 in the Lowe's Foods shopping center? Did they close?

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Nope, still there as of last week. :cheers:

5. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

Whatever happened to plans for a strip club around here? Not that I was looking forward to it, but just curious. :mrgreen:

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I am loyal to which ever club gives me a free trial membership. I refuse to pay for the privilege of shopping in their stores.

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly!!! I have always said that Sam Walton (or whoever actually came up with the concept) had to be the smartest man in the world...Make people pay an annual fee, $25-$50 a year, for the PRIVILEGE of buying 10 times as much of stuff as they need.... now that's GENIUS!!! :)

8. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

I LOVE the Aldi's in Fuquay. Especially for things that I wouldn't normally buy in a regular store, like expensive cheeses. They have lots of gourmet things at great prices, and $3 wine and some beers (never tried the beers).

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I went to Aldi's once. It felt like I was at the Flea Market. Big Lots is upscale compared to that place.

10. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I have found that Aldi's prices have been creeping up the last few times I've been in there. But, I guess that's not too unexpected since it seems like everything is going up.

11. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

For all of you that like Costco make a day of it. First stop at Costco for gas then fill up the freezer bag and load up onhouse hold goods. Move on to Trader Joe's for wine, cookies, candy, fish, etc. Next stop on Wake Forest at Pet Supplies Plus for our furry friends. Right next door is Aldi and right near there is a great resturant Thai House. Then on to Retails off of Old Wake Forest, make donation shop; for treasures. Across Old Wake Forest Wild birds Unlmtd. pick up bird seed. Stop in at Pei Wei for a quick bite. Head up Falls of Neuse to Fresh Market, fabulous produce. From there. Turn onto Strickland and stop off at Pet Mania, more pet stuff, love this place. And before the end of this year there should be a Whole Foods near Strickland and Six Forks, yeah. Back down Strickland and a left onto Falls of Neuse cross over 540 and pick up odds and ends at Harris Teeter. And if you still haven't found everything for the cat and dog check out Pet Supermarket right near Harris Teeter. Stop at Z pizza for a quick slice, love that thin crust. Come back down Falls of Neuse and pick up 540 to head home.
    So if you want a Costco you need to use the one you have. Trader Joes,etc. all of them look at where their customers are coming from. And they all have websites, visit them.
    Another idea is to find people in your neighborhood who want to shop at Costco and you can share a memebership and carpool.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member