Anyone else having Verizon Wireless problems?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rigmaster, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

For the last 2.5 days we've been having nothing but trouble with our Verizon wireless cell service around home (near West Johnston HS off Raleigh Rd).

When making or receiving a call, the call goes through for the first few seconds, then you get the fast beep,beep call drops and "call was lost" on the screen. Happens EVERY time, usually within 8-12 seconds of when the call started. I spent alot of time on the phone (Embarq landline) with Verizon CS last night trying to fix it, but all they could do was open up a trouble ticket.

It happens with both my phone and Mrs Rig's phone, both on Verizon. The signal meter will show 3 or 4 bars, which is normal, but the calls still drop.

Phone works fine at my office near Smithfield, so it's not the phone.

Curious if anyone else in the area is having similar problems.

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I have had some problems with dropped calls in the last few days....probably the barometric pressure messing with the satelite signals....

4. jenfield

jenfield Active Member

From you house, try calling *228 and pick option 2. I was told to do this every couple of months in order to update the towers since they are always changing. Hope this helps.

5. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

UGH.

Problems are still the same. I've been on the phone (landline) with Verizon several times in the past 3 days and they still don't know what's happening.

I've tried updating the towers (*228 ), tried rebooting my phone, etc, but the problems are the same with my phone or Mrs Rig's phone. Both phones work fine when we get a few miles away from the house.

Calls are all dropped ("call was lost") within 8-11 seconds after they start. The antenna meter shows 3-4 bars when dialing, and for the first few seconds, then it quickly drops to 1 bar and the "call was lost" signal comes up and that's it.

They say problems are usually resolved in 4-7 days, I wonder if they'd be OK if I just deduct 4-7 days of service cost off of my next bill.............