HVAC HELP!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by grandma4, Dec 16, 2010.

1. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

Need a good HVAC repair person , asap. Who is good and fair? :allears:

2. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

Call Stephenson Heating and Air, (919)329-0686.

I'm pretty sure most places will charge you an after hours rate if you call now, so if you call tomorrow morning you may be able to save some $$.

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Mike's Heating and Air.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Arctic Air.............he's putting a new heat pump in for me probably tomorrow weather permitting. 919-786-4681 Known him for years, would trust him with my kid. 8)

5. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

6. carolgilx

carolgilx Well-Known Member

Arctic Air

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Artic Air...Buddy is awesome!

8. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

We use Total Comfort. They came out last week fixed my heat and cleaned the a/c parts and the guy was great when it came to explaining things to me. Told me about flashing light and codes and the innards of the unit and what to do next time anything happens to save myself some cash. Taught me some easy fixes. He was here maybe an hour and a half in 28 degrees? and charged $140, way less than what I expected. I have heat and I'm happy.

9. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

10. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

Sounds like we have a few good ones in the area- Thanks.

11. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Any ideas about this problem??

I just called Artic Air and they are coming tomorrow morning (I hope), but I didn't know if anyone might know what is going on? We have dual zone and the heat pump for upstairs runs fine, but no air is coming out of the vents upstairs. Is that just a bad fan (motor) in the air handler in the attic? The outside pump apparently ran and ran and ran until one of the kids came down and said it was hot up there (78 degrees with the thermostat set on 68 since 2 am). The system is Goodman and less than 6 years old. Any ideas on cost for that, if it is the blower motor??? Just trying to get prepared.

Strange thing is...yesterday there was a van at my neighbor's across the street and today one sat in another neighbor's drive across the street. I guess I am the third one so maybe no one else will have an issue!!

TIA!!

12. MARPKR

MARPKR Active Member

HVAC

MARS Heating and Air
    919-291-0927