Local Marine dies....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by HeidiB, Jun 17, 2011.

1. HeidiB

HeidiB Active Member

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/9741281/

Disappointed in the two line story WRAL has so far...but am hopeful they will provide the community with more info soon.

Pray for this family as they are face this tragedy....services have been arranged as of yet.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I heard about this on QDR yesterday morning on my way to work and I cried the rest of the way in. I had looked for more information when I got here and couldn't find anything. Thank you both for posting. It's too easy to forget what our military and their families are going through.

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

5. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

If anyone knows of funeral plans let me know. I didnt know him but sue would like to show my resepct.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I saw this and thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

I've gotten updates on Facebook from PastTimes Bar for a Poker Run & memorial event that are being held this weekend and next weekend.

as follows:

SAT JUNE 18TH 2011 - NOON TILL WHENEVER
    SGT. MARK BRADLEY & SSGT DIAMOND BRUNO
    TRIBUTE GET TOGETHER
    OPEN TO PUBLIC. THIS WILL BE A NON-TRADITIONAL MILITARY STYLE SENDOFF BECAUSE THE COMMANDANT HAD OTHER PLANS FOR SGT. BRADLEY & SSGT. BRUNO.

K-BAR IS OPEN

THERE WILL BE HOURLY TOASTS AND SALUTES.

GUN RANGE IS OPEN FROM 1PM TIL 4PM(EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO SHOOT OUR GUNS ONLY). THERE WILL BE OUR MONTHLY TOP SHOT COMPETITION AT 3PM.

WE WILL BE DOING CHICKEN ON THE GRILL FROM 1PM TIL 3PM. YOU CAN BRING A SIDE IF YOU LIKE.

PLEASE DRESS REGULAR. NO NEED TO DRESS UP.

BON FIRE AT DARK.

CMVPA HQ/CLUBHOUSE
    9773 HAWLEY RD
    KENLY NC

CALL OR TEXT 919-631-2299 hq@cmvpa.com

PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR RESTROOM IS BEING REMODELED AND IS NOT FUNCTIONING. LADIES, PLEASE TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS BEFORE YOU GET THERE. GENTLEMEN, THERE ARE PLENTY OF TREE'S OUT BACK.

SUNDAY JUNE 26TH 2011 - SGT. MARK BRADLEY MEMORIAL RUN
    Pastimes Bar is holding a Poker Run For Mark Bradley, Who passed away from injuries by an IED in Afghanistan. 100 0/0 of the monies made will be donated to the family for expenses, medical care and care for the family in their time of need. We will be selling BBQ plates for $6. Which will be Henry's BBQ and Chicken, Green beans, Potatoes,and Baked Beans . The registration for the poker run will start at 11am. Kick stands are up by 12:30. 1st stop is Bone Daddy's, 2nd stop Locked and Loaded, 3rd stop Plan B, then back to Pastimes Bars to eat!!. $20 per bike, car or what ever you want!! We don't care!! $5 for extra rider. Will be prizes for Best and Worst hands. There will be a Raffle and a 50/50 So bring all your DOLLARS!! We will see you then and THANK YOU for supporting our troops!!!

CMVPA, WE WILL BE SETTING UP STATIC ALL DAY AT PASTIMES BAR.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=190923684291984

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Semper Fi! Rest in Peace.

8. HeidiB

HeidiB Active Member

Services

Services for Sgt Mark Bradley are as follows:

Wake:
    Friday, 6/24/11 6pm-9pm
    McLaurin Funeral Home

Funeral:
    Saturday, 6/25/11 11am
    C3 Church

Let's show this family how much community support they have and that their hero will not be forgotten....:grouphug:

9. ncmomtothree

ncmomtothree Well-Known Member

When a marine from my hometown died in Iraq several years ago we lined the funeral procession route for support (almost 20 miles). Has anyone planned anything like this for the trip from the funeral home to the church on Sat morning? I would love for my kids to participate.