be aware

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by emismom, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Yarn Queen

Yarn Queen Member

Sign of the times?

Over the past several days, there have also been several home robberies in housing developments that are on the other side of 40/42. In broad daylight. Is this a sign of the times? I know that in one instance, the intruders actually cut the wires to the security system in the home. And with the amount and size of items stolen, they needed a BIG truck.
    Maybe Johnston Co. needs to beef up patrols (?) Don't know.....

2. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Maybe the deputies could spend more time in the neighborhoods, and leave the interstates to the HP.

3. emismom

emismom Well-Known Member

the sheriff told us that the guys most likley backed right up to my front door and loaded up. but noone in my neighborhood seen anything b/c they were all working or sleeping. we got a call from the investigator asking about a watch and said that they had two people in custody that could have done it but we havent heard anything since so im guessing it was the wrong guys. and they got 3 good fingerprints from the gun safe. just waiting now

4. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

We had new doors installed a few months ago at our house, in doing so we also purchased dead-bolts. if someone wants to get in still they are going to, but I do feel better they won't be able to just kick the door in. Also installed 2 web cams, one for the front and one for the back of the house. They record to a spare PC, though I am quickly running out of drive space, so I have to find another solution soon or buy another drive. Anyone have web cam setup and how does it work for you with storage? I have seen several people walking up to my house, mostly look like they are trying to sell stuff.

5. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

We live in that area but we always use the dead bolts. Having three dogs helps as well (one of whom is a BIG german shep) :)

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My 3 dogs are friendly to people we know but they would lose their minds on a stranger coming in w/o us there...esp my smallest one (40lbs).

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'll be door knocking these neighborhoods today so don't throw rocks at me :lol::lol:

8. emismom

i cant believe it i got a letter in the mail from wake county courts saying that someone was caught with one of the guns stolen from my home.

9. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:shock:

10. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

i cant believe it i got a letter in the mail from wake county courts saying that someone was caught with one of the guns stolen from my home

Didnt you say you had a gun safe? Did they break into it? just curious- Hate when guns are stolen because they will only be used for no good.

11. RISteveH

RISteveH Well-Known Member

And Guns

12. emismom

Yes we have a gun safe and they managed to get into it