Fundraiser for Special Operations Warrior Foundation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cycleman1979, Apr 17, 2013.

1. cycleman1979

cycleman1979 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

I want to invite you all to join us and help support the Special Operations Warrior Foundation by getting a free oil and filter change! On Saturday June 1st, Carfix will be open from 8AM-4PM doing as many free oil changes as possible - we hope upwards of 300! 100% of donations will go to to raise money for Special Operations Warrior Foundation.

Additionally, the West Johnston Marching Band will be on hand doing car washes to raise money for their upcoming trip to London!

I'm trying to line up someone to provide food during the lunch time hours, but as of right now I don't have anything solid to report. Come out and get an oil change / car wash and help two great causes! If you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me or ask here.

Thanks!
    Mike

P.S. - Rather than try to explain the SOWF's mission, I've cut and pasted a section from their webpage (www.specialops.org) mission statement at the bottom of this post. I feel strongly that this is a great organization and deserving of our support.

"There are two major aspects to the Foundation's mission:

1. If you are serving in the U.S. military special operations community, and you lose your life in an operational mission or training accident, the Warrior Foundation will ensure your children receive a full colege education, including tuition, books, fees, room & board, computer and printer.

2. If you are severely wounded while deployed, the Warrior Foundation will provide immediate financial assistance and support to ensure your loved ones can be at your bedside during your recovery. The SOWF provides a $3,000 stipend to help offset unexpected expenses.

While the Foundation has bestowed college scholarship funds to the children of fallen special operations personnel since 1980, we began providing financial support to wounded special operators in 2005.

Although there are other charitable organizations that give financial aid to wounded personnel and their families, we saw a need for immediate financial assistance. Therefore, the Foundation provides $3,000 in cash to families of special operations personnel hospitalized with severe wounds; which the recipient(s) may use for travel, child care, food and lodging."

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Where exactly is this going to be at? you mention Carfix, but don't give an address... I could use an oil change!

3. cycleman1979

Oops! I'm not so good at promotion I guess!

Carfix
    248 Mast Dr. - behind the BB&T and Medicap Pharmacy off of Glen Rd.
    www.carfix.us.com
    919-771-0300

Thanks for pointing out my obvious omission!

4. cycleman1979

Reminder

This Saturday from 8-4.

Carfix is doing oil changes all day for donations. All donations go to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation - no minimum donation. www.specialops.org

WJHS Marching band will also be out doing car washes and serving refreshments to raise money for their activities.

Carfix is at 248 Mast Dr - behind the Medicap and BB&T

Please come out and get an oil change/car wash while helping out two great causes!

P.S. We are hoping to be pretty busy with this so it will be a very 'quick' oil change. We won't be doing our usual complete vehicle inspection, so most services should take 15 minutes or so from the time it is pulled in until complete.