Are you satisfied with your HE washing machine?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, Feb 26, 2010.

1. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

We recently installed our new Bosch front load HE washer and dryer. We really didn't need a new set but my husband got such a great deal we couldn't pass it up. I am very happy with my dryer but the washer... I'm not so sure. I just don't feel like it is getting my clothes as clean as my tub style washer. I'm one of those people who needs to see lots of bubbles and have that swishy-swishy action going, ya' know?

I haven't gotten rid of my old set yet and am seriously considering hooking up the old washer in another part of the house. Just wondering if it's my imagination or if others have the same thoughts...

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

We have 2 washers at our house & I love it. I know it sounds crazy but the basement hook-up was to be used as a MIL/Guest seperate apartment.

DH uses that OLDER washer for his really dirty farm & mechanic clothes & even his shop rags. I use it for the pet towels mostly.
    It's a "extra" but we had the washer already so no costs there.

Back to the Topic: Old style machines here so nothing to add - but my friends w/ the New HE are of 2 minds- some LOVE it, some HATE it.

3. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I love the way my HE washes my clothes, I really notice it in my whites. Are you using HE Detergent? I do not like the way the water stays in the front ring, that is something to watch out for. Good Luck!

4. jenfield

jenfield Active Member

I love my front load washer! Plus, you've got to remember...you aren't using as much water with your front load.

5. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I can't really tell a difference with my washing maching. I think it is doing better than the top loader but maybe that's because I want to believe that.

Now the dryer, that is the bomb! Takes less than half of the old time to dry.

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I am going to have to buy a dryer soon and I appreciate you posting your opinion of your dryer. I was wondering about it.

Sherry

7. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I guess I should have stated that I have an LG rather than a Bosch. The Bosch was pretty good, but the LG is that much more.

8. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses so far! I am using the HE detergent and thought that would make all the difference. It is funny that "mama ape" said that she notices her whites are cleaner; I can tell my whites are NOT as clean as my old washer got them. In fact, last time I did a load of the kid's socks/undies, I soaked them in the sink with bleach before I put them in the washer.

9. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

I love my HE washer/dryer

The only thing I have to say is watch out for closing the door with a sleeve. I did this one morning while doing a thousand things at one time that I am good for...needless to say if I would not have been in the kitchen and hear the racket...The seal would have been ripped to shreds. Watch out!!

I think the dryer is such the bomb since the washer really does a great job of spinning the clothes dry. I don't think it is so much the dryer is that great!! I do my clothes in half the time though!!

10. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

HATE MY BOSCH FRONT LOADER!!!! I can not stand it. We've had it for 2 years or more I believe. I do 4 to 5 loads a day. It does not get them any cleaner. Our water bill useage did not go down despite the "it uses less water plea." My clothes stink. We hide it w/ fabric softener now. URGHH. We've tried everything. After awhile, you will notice mold on the outside ring of the Bosch. Common problem. We did all the tricks..leave the door open at night, wipe out the ring w/ bleach every so often, etc. It now has a rip in it so leaks water. Had to do over, I'd buy a top loader. Ours was brand new when we bought it. Our other machine had died after 10 years of massive use. I dare say this machine will last 10 years, let alone 4 or 5 years. We bought the Bosch b/c we absolutely loved our Bosch dishwasher. Another thing we noticed, the machine shakes like crazy. We have the stand it sits on top of. Hoping that would have lessened the shaking. No. These are just MY opinions but since we have the same machine & I've had it for over 2 years now, thought I'd let you know my experience. Good luck & hope you have better success.

Stephanie--mom to 7

11. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

Front Loading Washer

As you can see by my avatar, it gets my white things white (ha ha ha).

DH is the one who always has to have the newest thing on the market, so he bought these when they first came out. I could have lived without them, and kept with the regular old washer and dryer.

There is certainly an odor in the washing machine if the door does not remain open (which is how the cat got in - I just closed the door momentarily for a funny picture). When our washing machine goes into spin cycle, you certainly know it throughout the whole house.

12. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Since I grew up with HE washers I always wanted one here too,so finally bought a Kenmore a couple years ago.
    When visiting my sister in Germany I always admire how white her socks etc. come out with her HE washing machine,for some reason mine don't look as white but then again I don't wash just whites separately since I never seem to have enough for one load,I wash them together with the rest of the stuff,so maybe that's why...

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

My washer isn't a HE, it is a SHE. She does OK, but sometimes the clothes sit in the hamper for too long before she gets to them.