assault

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blessed, Sep 25, 2006.

1. blessed

blessed Well-Known Member

I witnessed an assault in a restaraunt the other night between employees of the establishment. Seemed to be domestic in nature. (man and woman about a kid). It all died down and then I left. I was advised to call the law. I did so. I feel like I did the right thing but then I feel like maybe I should have left well enough alone. Woman was stomping a kid on the ground (I should have stomped HER), a man comes and sees them and hauls off and punches her in the face.

Did I do right?

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

HELL YEAH!! How old was the kid? And what high-class establishment was this?

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Yes, you did the right thing. Violence doesn't solve problems, it just creates them.

I can't stand for that kind of crap. I have too much personal experience with domestic violence and absolutely no tolerance for it.

4. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

HELL YES....he should have punched her in the face....

5. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

Never feel bad about interfering sp?
    in something like that.
    If more people would, there would be less women
    getting beat up, and feeling too afraid to ask for help.
    Way to go Blessed!!!

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You did great!

7. blessed

Thanks all. I feel better but I'd rather not say the name of the restaraunt because I'm just still a little bit upset and what if they have "connections", so to speak? :shock: It's around alot of other places and I may pass by the place and someone say, "Hey! There goes the witness!" I know it's silly and a little far fetched But I am really being serious. And I highly doubt it but my mind tends to think of all the weird stuff that happens. And I sometimes am a magnet for strange happenings. :lol:

8. blessed

Oh!! The kid was like 8 or 9. The restaraunt I gather is a "family" thing. I would have like to jerk the woman off the kid too. It all happened so fast! And after the weekend I had, it was like I just wanted to go to another planet and VEG..................LOL

9. racecitync

racecitync Well-Known Member

Woman was stomping a kid on the ground :shock: explain this please

10. Twitch

Twitch Well-Known Member

What do you mean by stomping?

If it was the irating litttle hellion that was sitting behind us a Cracker Barrell the other night he needed his a$$ beat. Parents let there kids do the most irrating crap in fear of being arrested.

twitch

11. blessed

By "stomping", I mean kicking and "stomping" on him with the bottom of her foot, like you would stomp on a bug..........

12. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! :shock:

How old would you say the kid was?

13. oceanblue

oceanblue Active Member

OMG Thats terrible!! What the hell is wrong with people?? I cant beleive it got to that level?? Did the employees at the Rest. not step in, what the hell?? You definately did the right thing, without a doubt!!! Poor child, someone truely needs to take care of that situation, can only imagine all the damage being done to that poor child....

14. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

You did what is right... just be careful.

I made a report once (years ago) and the cop showed them the report with MY name on it!! They found me and confronted me in a parking lot with my infant son in my arms... I was scared to death. It is supposed to be confidential, but... my name was there plain as day.

15. Clif

Clif Guest

Stupid sixth amendment! :wink:

16. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

With a child abuse allegation, it is supposed to be confidential. (Do to my position I was legally required to report my suspicions)

17. Clif

Clif Guest

Not according to the US Constitution.

18. Twitch

Twitch Well-Known Member

OMG

she needed her a$$ beat.

that is so terrible I hated you had to see that, are you okay I would have nightmares for months over that. You know if he was abused like that in public what really happens at home when the curtains are drawn.

19. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Unless and until there is such a prosecution the ongoing investigation would not be so covered and should remain confidential to protect all involved from being exposed unnecessarily.