Breakfast

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Loriana, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

My husband and I were trying to decide where to go for breakfast today. We ended up at the Shiny Diner in Clayton. My question is, what do you think is the best breakfast in the Raleigh/Garner/Clayton area?

2. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

Our favorites are IHOP and Cracker Barrel. IHOP has the BEST pancakes, by far!!

3. LADYLEO

LADYLEO Active Member

IHOP -- ate there yesterday. Went around oneish and didn't have to endure the morning rush crowd. Have you tried the pumpkin pancakes, yummy!!!!

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Perkins.

5. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Brigg's or Courtney's. Becky's Log Cabin in Smithfield used to have the best on the little motel side but they stopped serving several years ago...

6. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

1) Brigs
    2) Big Ed's
    3) Cracker Barrell

7. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

Are you talking about sit down breakfast? If so, I'm with the others, IHOP then Cracker Barrel. However, if you like a semi-quick country breakfast, I love the Shell White Swan at 210/I 40. Them ladies make a KILLER scrambled sausage, egg and cheese on toasted bread with mus-My Friend! Good luck!

8. ncroxx

ncroxx Well-Known Member

Best breakfast in my opinion

Courtneys (seafood omlette !)
    Cracker Barrell (country boys breakfast)
    McDonalds (steak egg and cheese bagel)

9. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Don't forget about Tripps over at 401/Tryon in Garner. A lot of folks don't know it but they have Sunday brunch with some killer french toast and they serve these wonderful little poppy seed muffins with honey butter. All of the brunch items come with bacon, real potato tots and fresh squeezed OJ for about 9.99. I think a couple of the omelets may be a little more with steak in them but a great deal IMO with a little nicer atmosphere. Just make sure you beat the church crowd that hits about 12:15!

10. mmciver

mmciver Well-Known Member

You really need to try Garden Gate Cafe off of Aversboro Rd. in Garner. They have just about everything you would want and the food is awesome. You can get very full for under $4.

11. colinmama

colinmama Guest

Ya'll are torturing me!! I really want some breakfast food right now. It's Cracker Barrel all the way for me though..

12. mmciver

mmciver Well-Known Member

Now, don't get me wrong. I can always for for a sunrise sampler :)

13. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Big Ed's, Farmers Market Restaurant, Cracker Barrel (they have the best pancakes, ever)

14. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

Toot -n- Tell !!!!! Cheap and good.

15. cellguy

cellguy Guest

farmers market

16. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Perkins... yummy! When I used to work in Raleigh that place was a favorite for lunch.

17. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Big Ed's, Farmer's Market. Heard Toot-N-Tell is great, just never been.

Frogger