Crossing the Rainbow Bridge

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by Rockyv58, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Sad to announce that my sweet Jese crossed over the Rainbow bridge this morning. He had a mass growing and my vet was going to remove it today. Jese had been short of breath the last week or so. So my vet did a chest x-ray to see that the cancer had spread to his lungs. Just 10 days away from his 14th birthday. He will now be able to celabrate with his sister Laila. They are both so deeply and badly missed

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that !! He was blessed with a long life.

BobF likes this.
  3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

They definitely are loved ones and both Jese and Laila's lives were better because of your love!

BobF likes this.
  4. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

My condolences. They are part of our family and we are part of their pack ...

BobF likes this.
  5. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Rocky.

BobF likes this.
  6. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Very sorry Rocky.

BobF likes this.
  7. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about this. Our pets are our family, plain and simple. This Friday will mark the 18th anniversary of me finding a little kitten crying in a rural Sampson County cotton field. My son named her “Chow” because she was so hungry when we found her. She’s still doing pretty good for a ‘lady’ of her age, but she’s definitely “slowing down” these days. I’ve given her the best life I could, and she shows me her love every day. When the time comes to say that last goodbye to her, I won’t be someone anyone will want to be around.

8. Rockyv58

At the time when Laila and Jese would run off into the woods next to my home to chase deer it was frustrating till I brought them home. Both of them smiling as if they did some wonderful job. What I wouldn't give to get those days back and look through the woods for them. Thinking of one of the first times Jese went to chase Deer I stopped on Sommerset Drive to ask a woman if she had seen Jese. Before I could even finish she said he just ran across my yard chasing 4 deer. He had the heart of a Lion in the body of a tri paw beagle .

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Rocky, as much as they took a piece of your heart with them... they will forever be in your heart.

Rockyv58, poppin cork, BobF and 3 others like this.
  10. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

11. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

:(

12. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear Bob !! Hang in there. You & her were blessed to have over 20 yrs together !!

Hught and BobF like this.
  13. NOT WOKE

NOT WOKE Well-Known Member

I'm sorry bobf. Pets give unconditional love. May peace be with you.

BobF likes this.
  14. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Very sorry Bob, what a good life you gave your cat.

BobF likes this.
  15. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Bob, she had a wonderful 20 years of love thanks to you and your family.

[​IMG]

Rockyv58, Hught, BobF and 1 other person like this.
  17. Rockyv58

With heavy heart I had to put another one of my fur babies down. His name was Jazz. He wasn't eating and hardly moving, He has crossed the rainbow bridge to join my other fur babies. I remember getting him from a fellow poster on 4042.com Her neighbor had moved and left him behind, He was living in the drain pipe under their driveway IMG_8383.jpg

markfnc likes this.
  18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

But you gave him a good life, Thank You!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
    BobF, Wayne Stollings and Rockyv58 like this.
  19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear, you gave him a great life that he otherwise wouldn't have known. It's hard when they get older, the queen of our house is 19, she adopted us when she was about 1. We think she came from the next street over, we heard people moved and left their animals.

BobF, Rockyv58 and Hught like this.