Exposed to Education, er, educator, at WJHS

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Vitameatavegemin, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

Teacher Suspended for Flashing Students :shock:

from WRAL.com

Benson, N.C. — A teacher at West Johnston High School has been suspended following allegations that she exposed herself to students.

Johnston County Schools spokeswoman Crystal Roberts declined to identify the teacher but said the school system is investigating the claim and taking it seriously.

Anyone know who/what happened? Yikes... Webbie says '4042 covers all of Johnston County'...maybe 4042 should get over to the school with a blanket or somethin'! :lol:

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

God this was posted under WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

3. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

Here, ya might need one...:chillpill:

4. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

With the subject line WHAT?!?!?!? doesn't explain what the thread is about. So if you don't go and look, you wouldn't know. :roll:

5. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Here is the better coverage:

WTSB Headline News
    "Where the Stories Break"
    1090 AM ~ Smithfield, NC

Teacher Suspended After Allegedly Flashing Students
    A West Johnston High School teacher has been suspended following allegations she exposed herself to students in her classroom. Marilyn Bulifant, who was hired last August, has been suspended with pay, according to Crystal Roberts, Public Information Officer for Johnston County Schools. Roberts said officials take all allegations very seriously and an investigation was underway to pull all the facts together. Currently, no law enforcement agencies are involved in the case, which is being handled as an internal matter. Officials declined to say when the alleged incident occurred. Bulifant is a teacher in an exceptional children’s classroom.

6. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Suspended with pay. Suspended from having to deal with high school kids... with pay. Wow, that must really hurt. :neutral:

7. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

In state government, it is very rare to be suspended without pay while the investigation is ongoing. Something about innocent until proven guilty......

8. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Slow down there hushpuppy, it was meant as a joke... notice the blue winky above the post. Looks kinda like this ;) only blue.

9. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Gotcha!! Of course as I leave this house to go deal with high school students all day....suspended to stay home and still get paid....hmmmm??? :lol:

10. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

I've only been a member like three days but I just wanted to let you know what happened with this matter. My best friend from high school is a teacher in the school system. If you've heard this already I apologize. Anyways, she stood up from her chair and her students saw the back of her thong. One of the students says miss so and so has on a thong or whatever and all the other kids were like ooohing and awwing. She suddenly turns around and just flashes them. Boom just like that. Supposedly she's back in the Wake County school system teaching again. I guess you can go back home again.:lol:

11. toysrmel.com

toysrmel.com Well-Known Member

I try to stay out of stuff like this. But this is not what happened at all. She was a woman in her 60's! The only thing you got right was it was a accident.

Wearing a thong... what will you think of next.

12. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Wow! I could have sworn you have been here forever.:lol:

13. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

You must yanking my chain because the incident happened exactly as I said with teacher in her 20's at WJHS. That was straight from the JC School Board.

14. toysrmel.com

toysrmel.com Well-Known Member

I am sorry your source is mistaken, she was not in her 20's. I knew Mrs. Marilyn Bulifant, and it was a mistake in judgement that ended a very long career.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  15. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

I thought you said your friend told you?

16. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

I just googled Mrs. Bulifant. She is indeed 61. I fully retract my story and have made a phone call to my source. My apologies. Well what IS the real story?

BTW, the source said it was told to him by a former WJHS teacher. Lets just say his story differed a lot from his first telling of it. I'll crawl back under my rock now.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
  17. colinmama

colinmama Guest

Thanks for admitting you were wrong. If you've been around lurking you've seen there have been problems with folks (or should I say folk as in one person- we all know who that person was!) not owning up when they are wrong. Makes you look much more mature when you just admit it.

18. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

I could name three right off the top of my head....so you were right the first time.

19. seabee

seabee Guest

heck you can throw half the people in these forums in that class.