Found a Good Deal on Gym Membership

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CakePrincess, Dec 9, 2006.

1. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

I have been visiting more than 4 gyms in Clayton area and we were shocked to found out the pricing for the family of 3, which is very high. So last night, we visited Riverwood for their street's Christmas party. We stopped by the fitness center there (a building next to the pool) and ask them about the cost of being members in Riverwood.

She said for family, it's $80 a month, including unlimited fitness center, pools, and more. We can also use Lions Gate and Tralee facilities anytime. Golf is included as well (must golf after 3pm). Cart is NOT included though.

I think it's a good bargain for my family, so we signed up.

2. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Was there some sort of initiation fee?

3. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

Yeah.

We got into Lion's Gate while they were waving the fee. (or is it waiving.)

Cannot recommend Clayton Fitness. They want $700 dollars in back fees from me. I had the option to cancel at anytime and I closed my bank account. You think they would have gotten the hint.

4. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

If you just want to work out, try Time Out on Horne St. Older facility( been there @ 20 years) Nautilus and free weights, some cardio. No contract, pay monthly, as you use. @ $20-$25 per month , I think. Tel. no. - 550-2777. Sue's also a pretty good photographer!

5. mom2two

mom2two Well-Known Member

Riverwood is great. All the facilities are nice. Cake Princeness what grades are your kids in at River Dell?

6. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I quit Clayton Fitness because that place was nasty! Plain and simple. They didn't clean anything.

7. CakePrincess

Third grade. How about you? :)

8. CakePrincess

Yes, BUT, they are waiving $150 one time fee for the month of December only. Better hurry and get it before $150 fee is back this January. :)

9. grysunshine

grysunshine Well-Known Member

I have thought about signing the family up there also. Does it include the daycare facilities?

10. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

We joined Lions gate in the summer for the pool, and get the gym, etc as well for the $80/month.

It does not include daycare facilities as far as I know. but, the place is so very nice. I've been to Lion's Gate and Tralee, and was very impressed.

:lol:

11. grysunshine

darn, that is the bummer part for us. I need a daycare situation so I can catch the classes or if I decide one day to join my husband for a round of golf...*cough* (not gonna happen)..*cough* :D

12. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

riverwood has a daycare facilities...

13. robo321

robo321 Well-Known Member

I have the best membership of them all.... my home! No having to get dressed and drive somewhere. I get up at 4:15 every morning and and tun the news on and begin the workout.

14. CakePrincess

Riverwood do have a daycare place, but it's not in the same building. It's down about one block away, which it's not too far to walk. You could ask Riverwood Athletic and find out.

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

No Way. I would never leave my kids at a gym daycare, esp one down the street. JMO.

16. grysunshine

I think I might just call them. I don't know if I want to leave her in another building. I like to "peek" in when I need to.

17. CheerBearNc

CheerBearNc Guest

As far as Clayton Fitness goes I only pay up front for the year. When Clayton Fitness was Planet fitness I had HUGE problem with them taking money out of my account when my 2 yr contract was up. When I went into cancel I was told that I had to write a formal letter and so did my husband. Then we had to send it out and wait for a reply and we had to bring the reply back to them. It was TERRIBLE. They took 200 dollars from me, I never got it back. Now that they changed to CLayton Fitness and under different management I think, They are much better. but I definately learned my lesson- I do not give my bank account nuber to anyone.

18. mom2two

mom2two Well-Known Member

Cake Princess - My son is in K at River Dell

Riverwood Athletic club and Lionsgate both have childcare onsite INSIDE the gym to use while you are working out, of course with an additional fee. In the Riverwood Community there is a daycare, but that has nothing to do with the gym.

19. CakePrincess

Awesome!

I do know that Lionsgate have a wonderful kiddie pool - like a pirate ship in the middle, with slide and stuff.

20. grysunshine

thanks mom2two.

I am a River Dell mommy also!