.... let the holiday drama begin....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by WhatNow, Nov 21, 2011.

1. WhatNow

WhatNow Well-Known Member

How would you feel about taking your family of 6 (including 3 adult sized teens) to visit and stay in a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house with a family of 5 (including 3 younger kids). Total of 11 people in all. Would you rather stay there because they are family or would you rather put your family of 6 in a hotel & just visit with extended family?

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It would be fun for a night or two depending on how well you get along with each other, but beyond that. Hotel.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I always do the hotel, but I have more frequent stayer points than I know what to do with.

P.S. I have been told they are non-transferable, so don't ask! :mrgreen:

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

We are a family of 12. I can tell you from experience w/ family, go w/ the hotel. If it is anything longer than 2 nights w/ others(even family), you'll lose your mind. LOL. Hotel is the way to go.

Stephanie-- mom to 10

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

7. WhatNow

It would be for 3 nights. The younger kids have been known to be bratty in the past. The 2 teen girls are not wanting to stay in the house because of sleep & bath limitations. The teen boy does not care but does not want his sister's to be uncomfortable. I prefer a hotel only because of not wanting so many people crammed in & because my girls will not be comfortable. My husband thinks I do not want to stay at his sister's house because he thinks I do not like her. Several years ago, his sister did & said some very bad & hurtful things towards me & though she has never admitted to the wrong-doing, much less, apologized, I have made it a point to forgive her for not only my own sake, but the sake of the relationship between my husband & his sister & my kids & their Aunt, Uncle & cousins. I have no problem being around them. I am a big enough person that I can deal with it for the holiday especially. However, now my H has decided that my desire to stay at a hotel has NOTHING to do with accomodations and EVERYTHING to do with my "selfishness". SIGH!!!! :? I just do not think that it selfish of me to want to have a place where my own family can relax & be comfortable.

8. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Do you rent the entire hotel? ;)

9. WhatNow

:lol: If only it could be so easy!

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

for one night, probably would all stay together. If its longer, it just gets hard. I like my 'own' space after a day or two. I say Hotel it too.

11. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Just playing devils advocate here :jester:

Are you planning on getting 2 hotel rooms? If not then your arguement about not being cramped at SIL house may not hold up cause if you only have one hotel room you will be cramped there as well with the 6 of you.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You can sometimes get some multi bedroom suites at reasonable rates at most repectable hotel chains.

I like the Residence Inn, but have also been upgraded to such rooms in Hampton Inns and Fairfield Inns.

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

woohoo, you are back and from your tagline i assume everything went great:hurray::hurray::hurray:

oh and for the thread, i agree with KB, one night for the sake of family harmony and the rest at a hotel for the sake of comfort.

14. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Hotel suite. If you can't even talk about it without your DH getting in a snit, then how can staying there together sound like a good idea? Good luck.

15. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

nuff said

16. WhatNow

:iagree:
    Thanks!!
    As for the cramped space... I was thinking of a suite or am even willing to go for 2 cheap rooms. Comfort & harmony is worth a little extra $ to me!!!

17. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Of course you could rent an RV and park it in their driveway.

(Think Nation Lampoon's Christmas Vacation)

18. WhatNow

I LOVE IT!! - Just have to remember the match & the dog :lol:

19. WhatNow

Seems the hotel is the best idea according to the responses. I appreciate the feedback. Now... we will see...

20. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I would stay in the hotel, but let the kids stay at the house 8)