Marty “The One Man Party” to host mornings on Country Superstars 102.3

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Radio Personality returns to the Triangle airwaves

Marty “The One Man Party” Young has returned to the Triangle to host mornings on “Country Superstars 102.3”. Marty is teaming up with co-host Carlie on the JoCo Morning Show weekdays from 5:30am-10am. Young left the Triangle last year for a great radio hosting opportunity in Tulsa, Oklahoma, after several years on the morning team at Raleigh’s WQDR, winning ACM and CMA personality awards. He began co-hosting the Joco Morning show August 12, 2019.

WKJO Program Director Mike Edwards said, “It’s a Homecoming for Marty back in Johnston County where he has roots. We’re thrilled that he’s a part of the Country Superstars family and look forward to watching him reconnect with our local Joco listeners and advertisers.” Y

Young says, “This was an easy choice for my family and I. We wanted to be back in North Carolina because of the listeners and the overall Southern hospitality that comes with them. We never took North Carolina for granted, but after moving away, realized how special this place is. I can’t thank Country Superstars 102.3 enough for the opportunity to get us back home to do what I love, where I love.” WKJO-FM serves Johnston, Wake, and portions of surrounding counties as a goldbased country music station, at 102.3 FM.
    marty_young_1023fm_country_superstars.jpg

Auxie and poppin cork like this.
  2. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Glad to have him back in NC!

3. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

welcome home marty. makes 102.3 even better!

4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Did he leave?

5. markfnc

I guess so, hes not on web site anymore. Last Facebook post that showed him was mid Jan.

6. markfnc

Curtis Media bought 102.3 Joco Country
    https://www.countryss.com/
    Will be changing formats.
    Only country station i listened to. Throwback Thursdays and the Saturday morning syndicated show by Rick Jackson was all good.

7. markfnc

I had saw a sign along the road for this online station, and then saw an ad here on 4042.com (maybe?)
    https://jococountry.com/
    I've been listening all day at work. Good blend of old country and new real county. Marty is the morning, Dj. Not sure who is behind it, if more of the old 102.3 DJs join also.

Webmaster and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  8. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Thanks for tuning in! We've partnered with some others and launched JoCo Country to fill the gap that was left when 102.3 was bought and "re-purposed." We believe it is important for Johnston County to have locally owned and operated media outlets. Hope that we continue to earn your listenership!

BuzzMyMonkey and jesse82nc like this.
  9. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Hell yeah !!!! Some good listening.