New Development Activity in the area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Aug 14, 2020.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Sign went up on the building today, it will be Moonrunners 2nd location. Their
    FB replies to comments say they're hoping to be open in about a month.

markfnc and Judge Smails like this.
  2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

is the original one over on 70 in Garner across from Lowes home improvement? I Know they were on Bar Rescue years ago

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the one.

4. Ryin

Ryin Member

All right y’all I need some help. This is right around the corner from my house. At the corner of Benny Road and Cole Road. The equipment is already out there clearing the land. What can y’all find out for me?

Attached Files:

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It looks like it's future phases of Wilsons Walk sub-division.

upload_2024-6-5_21-7-32.png

upload_2024-6-5_21-8-7.png

markfnc likes this.
  6. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

7. Aqdillman71

Aqdillman71 Member

Now that the Hardees on 70 in Clayton (across from Walmart) is now vacant, has anyone heard if anything is going to occupy that building? I am sure it wont be vacant for long (hopefully!).

8. markfnc

9. markfnc

10. Ryin

Ryin Member

markfnc likes this.
  11. Ryin

Ryin Member

12. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

Has there been any indication yet what's coming to this strip mall, or is it too early? For those that don't come through here often, the building has been stripped down to literally just the frame (doors/windows/walls all removed), and even part of that was removed.

13. markfnc

A while back on my project bid list, an Aspen Dental bid a job there. the address matched the old DQ, which is now separated from the rest of the center.

Smithers likes this.
  14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The ladies at the hair salon behind it said they heard a Chipotle was going in there. Don't know how true that may or may not be, but their awful excited about it.

markfnc likes this.
  15. markfnc

Last edited: Jul 15, 2024
  16. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I've been wondering when we would get one. 7-11, Sheetz, and Wawa. Now all we need is a Royal Farms in the area lol

markfnc likes this.
  17. markfnc

Beech Bluff County Park Construction Update - June 2024 on Vimeo
    video of progress on new park.

18. Smithers

As part of whatever they're doing to the roadside at Old Drug Store and Cornwallis Rd, it looks like they're putting traffic lights in at that intersection.

markfnc likes this.
  19. Smithers

I found this site plan. From what I can tell, it's going to be on the northwest corner of the NC 42/Old Drug Store intersection (well, northwest if you tilt the map a little. Also, I know the new road across from Old Drug Store has a name, but I can't remember it and it doesn't show on GIS yet). The Wawa will be across the street from Firestone and Auto Zone, not directly across from Circle K.
    upload_2024-7-17_17-48-29.png

markfnc likes this.
  20. Smithers

Here's a better overhead view from a geotechnical document:

upload_2024-7-17_18-6-15.png

markfnc likes this.