Restaurants

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by elims, Oct 25, 2006.

1. elims

elims Well-Known Member

What are your favorite restaurants.... within driving distance of our area? (no out of state restaurants please). I'm looking for something new/different to try.

Thanks! :)

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Allium Bistro

3. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

Maximillions in cary (gourmet food)
    Club house has nice hamburgers(Garner) smoke from the bar can be bad.
    Kemps Seafood in Raliegh
    Cheesecake Factory
    Loop Pizza in Cary has nice Pizza's
    518 west street in Raliegh has been nice
    Jimmy V's is a great steak house

4. grysunshine

grysunshine Well-Known Member

I enjoy Fiesta Mexicana by the Walmart. I was tired of the rude service at La Cocina. Food is fresh and cheap.

5. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

Fiesta Mexicana is my favorite, too.

Does anybody know if Hector's in Chapel Hill is still in business? I haven't been in many years, but they had the best hamburgers I ever ate.

6. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

I've always had great sevice there. The Dos Equis on draft is good and its pretty cheap.

My wife and I ate there Thursday for 23 dollars and that included two beers.

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

AMEN!

We also enjoy the wraps at the Clubhouse.

8. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

Just an aside:

I went to Toby Keith's - I Love This Bar & Grill in Oklahoma City, Sat., in Bricktown. It was pretty good and the place was nice. Rigth on the riverwalk.

/bet you didn't know OKC had a river walk.

9. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

guess it is different things for different folks cause i find the fiesta mexicana food is nasty and not cheap i love la cocina.

10. CrzyForBaseball

CrzyForBaseball Well-Known Member

I like it... great salsa (not too hot). But IMO, the food at Mucho Mexico, La Cocina, and El Dorado (Garner) all taste the same. I figure they all use the same vendors.

11. grysunshine

grysunshine Well-Known Member

We go there often and one time I didn't go with hubby and kids and they didn't seat them for a few minutes. They finally said "Where's your wife?" lol. They didn't seat them thinking he was waiting for me. I thought that was very nice. They actually notice their customers. They know what we get and have always been pleasant. Plus they have a mariachi band once a month with song requests. Gotta love that.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

La Cocina is one of my favorite places to eat, usually excellent service, good food, great place to go for a sit down, but still quick lunch.

13. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

Haven't been to Mucho Mexico in a while, but last time we were, it was good. Good carnitas!

There is only one truly great Chinese restaurant in the Triangle if you want authentic food. That restaurant is Red Palace. It's in a strip mall on New Bern Avenue, in Raleigh, but don't judge a book by its cover. I was turned on to it by a lady from China I worked with. It has since been getting attention from foodies (see Chowhound.com).

The chef does make Americanized junk for the buffet, etc. because it's a matter of staying in business. Ask for the real Chinese menu and enjoy!

http://www.chowhound.com/topics/show/318956?query=red+palace&user_name=

14. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

Veneros Pizza in Clayton!

Logans Roadhouse, Garner

Lucky 32 Raleigh

15. lindenul

lindenul Well-Known Member

Dockside - Wrightsville Beach. Open air seating on their deck right on the Intercoastal.

16. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

Primavera Pizza is hands-down the best pizza! Try the Mona Lisa, with sliced tomato, spinach, and feta. Venero's is also good. I'd rate Two Cousins third due to the heavier, soggier, breadier crust.

Wilbur's Barbecue, in Goldsboro, is well worth the drive!

Do try the 25 cent wings at McKinley's on Sunday night! You can pig out on good wings for a couple of bucks!

For consistently very good food close-by, it'll be very, very hard to beat the Cleveland Draft House!

Although Golden Corrals can sometimes be pretty gross, the one at 4042 seems to be a good one. I haven't been there for dinner, but their weekend breakfast buffet is quite good. I like the cooked-to-order omelet station!

17. oceanblue

oceanblue Active Member

Flipside is my Favorite, but if I feel like driving and want some yummy Chinese Bistro food, my Favorite is PF Changs at Crabtree mall..

18. rockyv

rockyv Guest

Venero's --> rte 70 clayton
    Primavera Pizza -> white oak plaza, garner
    sweet tomatoes --> cary and raleigh
    Moe's southwest --> white oak plaza
    Cleveland cake and coffee --> 40/42

19. elims

elims Well-Known Member

There are some great suggestions here, thanks! A wide variety of flavors and flairs. Thanks for the help!

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I just thought of one...Pei Wei's in Raleigh. They are owned by PF Chang's