sprint coverage vs. verizon

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Savealot, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

opinions please.
    thanks

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I haven't had present-day Sprint service, but having now been adopted into the Verizon family (from Alltel) I haven't noticed any problems...yet. I never seem to have any dropped calls and my service is almost always clear.

The reason I said 'present-day' Sprint is because Alltel was originally Sprint in the beginning. It was sold a couple of times along the way.

3. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

the networks are all CDMA on the same frequency. Sprint roams freely on VZW, and VZW pretty much doesn't need to roam on Sprint, but can last i heard.

VZW bought up Alltel because they had better rural coverage (That and it'd be a good way to push them into the #1 spot in the wireless provider market), so you shouldn't notice any issues in your signal with the VZW switch.

4. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

I have verizon now and have had no dropped calls. I've heard Sprint has alot of dropped calls. I was looking at a Sprint plan and just didn't know. It is so confusing to me. I just zone out when they start talking about the phones and the planes.

5. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

I have had both, and I have Sprint now. Verizon did not work at our house, and since we don't have a home phone, that a problem. Sprint works fine at our house, also several times Verizon has not worked at the beach for us, but the same places Sprint works fine. I would much rather be using Verizon as I get a 23% discount with work, plus I like there phones better, but until I at least can get service at our house, I am stuck with Sprint.

6. LETSGOEERS!!!

LETSGOEERS!!! Well-Known Member

I've had sprint for several years and very happy with the service I get in this area. The only place I get dropped calls/poor service in the area of Barber Mill Road near Cleveland School and Government Rds. Soon as I get onto Cleveland School Rd my signal is back to full strength.

7. ncgal

ncgal Well-Known Member

I'm in the Polenta Road area and have used both Sprint and Verizon. I also travel quite a bit through Johnston and Wake Counties. Sprint had many dropped calls and I could not get consistant service at my house. I have had only 2 dropped calls in the 15 months since I have switched to Verizon. Needless to say, I will never go back!

8. Possum1970

Possum1970 Member

I had Sprint when I lived in Clayton and it was fine around town. However, I would have trouble getting a signal farther out around Cleveland School Road. I've had Verizon for the last two years with no problems. So far it's been the best cell company that I've dealt with.

9. Mark W.

Mark W. Active Member

Sprint sucks

Sprint is the worst cell service out there. I have Sprint on my business phone and I have trouble getting a signal about about 90% of the time.They should spend more money on actual service and less on advertising.