They Found the Missing Harnett Co. Baby

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Oct 20, 2007.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

WRAL is reporting in their breaking news that they found the remains of the missing 11 month old baby girl in the attic of her house. So sad. :-(

Now they are saying she'd been dead for weeks. I feel so sorry for the dad, he never got to see her.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2007
  2. juliejam

juliejam Member

I can't even wrap my head around this. Can you imagine that poor man, home form war to find that his baby (whom he's never seen) was murdered by her own mother. It didn't say that, but it's pretty obvious. This is just so terrible. That poor baby!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

This is from their most recent update:

"Police said Harmony's mother, Johni Michelle Heuser, told investigators she found the girl dead in her crib several weeks ago. Police said Heuser concealed her daughter's death out of fear and did not tell anybody."

They are doing an autopsy to determine cause of death.

4. chik

chik Well-Known Member

This is terrible. Sad....

I had a feeling that it was going to be something like this, something was fishy.

Poor father...poor baby

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The mother has been charged with murder as of this morning. :-(

6. casidycoop

casidycoop Guest

How is it that no one else noticed this little girl was missing? It took the childs father coming home, to bring her disappearence to light? Other family, friends and neighbors did not miss the 11 month old child?

7. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

This is very sad and I was afraid of something like this when I first heard the story. But the N&O reported ;
    "The girl's father, Robert Earl Creech II, had returned from a 15-month tour of Iraq on Friday to see his infant girl, whom he met only once while on leave in January."

8. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

Everything about this is so sad but hearing about the dad from your Post makes me just weep.

Grace

9. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

The other three kids (under age 5) are not his, I wonder if this one really was.... How sad, I wonder what siblings thought of sister being gone. They must have asked.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

and in the original story on WRAL, wasn't it the grandmother who had made the report of the missing baby?? Was this the maternal grandmother, and did she know that her daughter was trying to cover the babys death?

11. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I want to know where the other 3 children are (are they safe?)- & why they had not mentioned where their baby sister was??? Even tiny ones, age 2.5-5 year olds would know something did not add up about this.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't know, it's all so convoluted. I just can't imagine, I really feel for the families.

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

This is one instance i really wish i had not been right. When i first saw the report a few days ago, i told my husband that i had a gut instinct that the Mama was responsible. Really wish i had been wrong:cry:

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Unfortunately, the whole thing sounded fishy to me too, but I was hoping it would have a different outcome. The chances of that baby being snatched from her bed through a window just seemed kinda out there to me. It happens, but it's so rare. They haven't said how the baby died, but the fact that she hid the body isn't good at all. The baby was a bit old for SIDS, but it happens. We'll probably never know what really happened, as in so many other cases. :-(

15. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Situations like this are hard for me to understand.

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I felt the same way. Something told me that child was dead. The most recent pic was at age 4 months??? Here is something else I came across, I wonder too if that baby was his. And look, pix older than 4 months.

http://www.myspace.com/chellbell1982

17. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

That all just makes me sick!

18. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I realize that accidents happen and sometimes babies do fall victims to SIDS - but somehow I just can't believe that any loving mother could box her baby up and shove her in the attic to rot. Maybe she was overwhelmed - but that is no excuse for hiding a baby in the attic. I hope the Harmony's father is able to recover from this. This was certainly not the type of welcome home he was entitled to.

I have heard that it is rough when a family member is overseas fighting and the spouse is left at home to take care of the 4 kids, pay the bills and worry about their loved ones in the line of danger. That would be very stressful for anyone. However, it sounded like Harmony's mother did possibly have some family for support nearby?? I've seen ads run on television asking people to support the families of the soldiers who are away fighting. This girl obviously needed some type of help. Harmony and her father deserved better.

I'm amazed that the family & neighbors didn't realize there was a problem sooner. My baby girl will be 5 months old in a couple of days. It seems like friends, family & neighbors are always asking about her. Folks who don't live locally are always asking for pictures to be emailed. Although I'm not sure where she found time to do so with 4 children to care for on her own, this Mom had a myspace page (last visit was in August?). Which means she probably had computer access and some means to take pictures. In this computer/digital age I know that soldiers can often communicate via email with their families at home. The father, Ron, seemingly also had myspace access because it looks like he signed in in June to comment on Harmony's picture. I've even seen families set up webcams so they can communicate with soldiers overseas. I find it AMAZING that while Harmony's father was overseas no one bothered to send him more pictures of his baby girl? I'm sure if my husband were away, I'd be sending him ton's of pictures ... and so would my mother and his mother. Somehow the family dynamics seem really strange. It will be interesting to hear how the other 3 kids never seemed to let on to others that Harmony was no longer around. Did family members, friends, teachers, neighbors ... anyone ... talk to these other children over the last few weeks? Folks are constantly asking my son how he is enjoying his baby sister. I wonder if anyone ever cared to ask these children ... and if so, how the kids responded?? "If" thier mom killed this child, I wonder how scared these kids were that the same would happen to them.

I'm sure this is a stressful time for everyone in that family. Until the mother tells the truth about what happened (if ever), it's easy to make assumptions. When I first heard the story on the news, I like many others, assumed the mother wasn't telling the whole truth. My first thought was that this woman is a worthless, murdering, piece of trash that should never be allowed access to children & who should be sterilized immediately. However, it's wrong of me to think that way. Who knows ... maybe one of the other children ACCIDENTALLY hurt the baby and because the other children weren't fathered by this man ... maybe their Mom was trying to hide the evidence to protect them? Maybe it was a crib death ... but the woman was afraid no one would believe her and then they would take the other children away too. There are so many maybe's. It is so much nicer to believe Harmony's death was just a terrible accident rather than believing any mother could intentionally kill her own, beautiful child and then throw her in a dark corner of the attic to rot.

Now there is a soldier coming home to a dead baby found in an diaper box. Three young children have been removed from their homes, lost a baby sister and lost a mom. Hopefully these kids have loving fathers out there somewhere who can step in and try to pick up the pieces in these shattered kids lives. This is just an awful story.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  19. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

The 911 call is disgusting. http://www.wral.com/news/local/audio/1955529/

She has the dad come home from Iraq and then sends HIM in to wake his precious baby. She is wailing in the back ground while gram is on the phone with 911... no matter what happened she is very sick.

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

She is one good actress, huh???? i just do not get why a mother could obviously have killed her own child by shaking or whatever (if she wasn't responsible, she would have been on the phone with 911 3-4 weeks ago when the incident happened) and then hid the precious child's body in her own attic. After looking at her myspace thanks to Cleo, this mother has me even more baffled:? i guess i will never understand the workings of a mind that could kill their own child.