Tucker Lake?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by arogronjomom, Jun 24, 2010.

1. arogronjomom

arogronjomom Well-Known Member

Hi,

Has anyone been to Tucker Lake yet this season? If so, would you recommend it?

Thanks!

Barbara

2. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

Haven't been this year, but my neighbor has and she said it was great!!! I love it. SHe also there are some new things for kids there. Can't wait to go.

3. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

They added the little floating/bobbing things that kids try to climb on...one looked like pieces of wood or treasure chests or something and the other looked like pieces of the body of an alligator. The kids seemed to love it. I recommend to NOT go on a weekend--it was horribly crowded. I would also recommend that you get there right at opening so you can grab a shady spot/table to set up/picnic because it is nice to be able to get the kids out of the sun now and then. I also HIGHLY recommend bringing a little extra cash--the banana boat ride is a blast--think it is $6/kid but the kids just loved it.

4. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I would not recommend going to Tucker Lake.

5. shellybear

shellybear Active Member

tucker lake

I absolutely love Tucker Lake! I would only good on week days though. I also noticed they will also have a band there on July 3 & 4.

:hurray:

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Love Tucker Lake!

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Having lived here all my life with the exception of a 3.5 year stint overseas, I've never been.

8. mcclouds6

mcclouds6 Well-Known Member

I recommend going to Fantasy Lake, it is a lot better than Tucker lake in my opinion.

9. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

where is it? and please tell us more about it.

db's wife

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

12. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I went last week for the first time in 5 years. It was a spur of the moment choice when we were nearby. The place, as in past visits, was immaculately clean and manicured. But $10 per person for an of hour of swimming and laying out is too much. It was 4 PM and they still charged full rate.

13. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Too crowded! Don't have anything of value laying around either. You'll be robbed blind if you turn your head.

14. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Really that could be said about anywhere these days. Make sure anything valuable is left in a secure place (glove compartment or trunk) and if you have to bring it in with you, keep it out of sight, in an internal zippered pocket or something.

15. shellybear

shellybear Active Member

tucker lake

is the water as clear at fantasy lake as it is at tucker lake?:?:

16. Jocomom

Jocomom Well-Known Member

We have gone to Fantasy Lake many times over the years. Water was clean, kids had a blast. But last year things changed. We went twice and fights broke out each time, blood, police officers, the works. Lots of older kids with horrible language and behavior. We could not get away from it. Kept relocating on the beach, to no avail. Even while swimming the language and behavior was completely unacceptable for a younger, impressionable crowd. Maybe it's changed from last year, but I will not go back until I hear that the situation has improved.

17. shellybear

shellybear Active Member

tucker lake

I already decided to just stick with tucker lake. And after what I just read it is a good choice
    :allears:

18. dangerboy

i know my child would have a blast but lakes just gross me out!
    i think u either like lakes or u dont, ya know?

db's wife

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Depends on the lake. Yes, the ones around here gross me out too. But back home in VA and when we lived in Bristol, TN a lot of the lakes there are clear. You can see your feet when you a standing up to your neck. I don't like it when I can't see what is around me. Same reason I don't swim in the ocean. Yes, I have issues. LOL

20. dangerboy

I have the same issues about the ocean too!

DBs wife