What American accent do you have?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Your Result: The Inland North

http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have

Edit - Fixed URL

2. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Did that link just show your results? It said northeast. Is there another link to the quiz?

3. Tit4Tat

At bottom of -page click on "more quizzes"

I found it.

Mine said west :shock:

And the redneck quiz. I am 50% redneck :shock:

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

The Midland
    Funny, when I go home to New England, they think I've picked up a southern accent, but nobody around here ever tells me that! :wink:
    I have lived in Missouri; also Atlanta; New Jersey; Alaska; France; Germany; I'm probably leaving some out. But I was born in Vermont, raised in New Hampshire, and lived in NH more years than anywhere else.

5. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

The Inland North

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The South, no big suprise there......................... :lol:

7. ubergeek

ubergeek Well-Known Member

Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

That is funny, because I lived in LA when I was in kindergarten/1st grade, moved to Dallas 2nd-4th grade, but the rest of my life I have lived in the South. Interesting that my first grade teacher had such an impact on my pronunciation. I can still remember her telling me to pronouce "the" as thee, not tha - the way I did with my little hillbilly accent.

8. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Results: Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from the north Jersey, NewYork City, Connecticut or Rohde Island.................

Hahahaha......

9. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

My graph was about 3/4 red too. :D

10. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

My results said The South....there's a shock. lol

11. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

12. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

hmmm, I'm about 85% inland north, and 80% midland, so I'm gonna claim both.

13. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Midland-- that means I don't have an accent.

14. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Mine was Midland also, which is right on the nose since I'm from Missouri. :)

15. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

no surprise, The South

16. southerngal39

southerngal39 Well-Known Member

Not surprise here either!!! Southern,,,anyone who has heard me talk would know that (Kaci Harley Miss Prissy LOL) And took the Are you a real southerner? and of course it said 100%!!! :lol:

17. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Yep - the quiz says I'm from the South too - but even those from the deep south have teased me about my strong Southern Accent in the past. I used to want to try to tone down my accent through voice lessons because I was worried my accent didn't make a good first impression in business dealing. Most of my work is done via the telephone & computer - rather than in person. Years ago I went to a convention where I met many folks I assisted. One of these individuals (who had had a few drink before approaching me) actually said "I thought you were going to be some dumb southern hick when I first spoke with you" - but after the first statement the individual went on to say how suprisingly helpful I had been over the years. I've decided that lots of folks rush into judgments and at this point in life I've decided that the problem is theirs - not mine. I'm fine with my southern accent now. It's part of who I am and I'm proud of my Southern Heritage :)

18. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Inland North.

No surprise, there.

Very accurate, I might add.

19. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

West here..huh? :)

20. Tit4Tat

Did anyone do any of the other tests?

Here goes: