What would you do...if anything

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jocomom, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Jocomom

Jocomom Well-Known Member

Okay 40/42ers, I'll try to keep this simple. Two young friends had a disagreement. That is all it was. The mother of friend #1 has accused friend #2 of being a bully and went to the school accusing friend #2 of this. School did not agree and nothing was done on that end. Friend #1's mom has been talking with teachers, other parents, etc. stating that friend #2 is a bully. (my take is that it is exactly the opposite) I am afraid she is ruining friend
    #2's reputation (or trying to) with parents and school staff. Both children are good students and have never been in trouble before, ever! Friend #2's parents have tried to step back, knowing the children would work it out. Which they have!!! When this all began, the parents of both children talked, but agreed to disagree on the severity of the situation. If you were friend
    #2's parent, what would you do about this, if anything? I appreciate your opinions, thanks!

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

if your assessment is correct, and friend 2 is not a bully, then friend 1's mom will be the only one complaining and nobody will take her seriously and she'll come off like a nut and she'll be the one ruining her own rep and the kid's rep will actually probably benefit from the whole thing.

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I don't know. If it continues, I believe mom #2 might need to call mom #1 and just let her know that what she is doing is getting back to her and she'd appreciate it if she would cease in calling her son a bully. Wait a while and if it continues, then show her who the real bully is in the family. :mrgreen:

4. dangerboy

5. dangerboy

danger..
    please stop posting pictures of me online.
    thanks,
    your wife

6. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I believe the Mom of friend #1 should have gone straight to the Mom of friend#2 to begin with. If I have a problem with a kid, I go straight to the source. And yes, I have done it! I agree with DB, this person is just going to come across as nuts to everyone else. AND it doesn't concern anyone but those two children...so why invlove everyone else?

7. Jocomom

Jocomom Well-Known Member

Good morning folks! Thank you for your input! Wise words all around.
    Dangerboy, I had to laugh when I saw the picture you posted. It truly is worth a thousand words!