Which club membership do you prefer

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jjganny, Jan 17, 2010.

1. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

Thinking of joining either Sam's, Costco, or Bj's. Which do you guys prefer?

2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I'm decent with a sand wedge, but probably hit a 7 iron the best so i would have to pick that club.

3. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

If you find a coupon, not that bad to pay the fee and WELL worth it. At least for us. There are 9 of us currently & plus a sister- inlaw who stays here a few days a week. Soon, they'll be 12 of us this year. If we cook hamburger meal, it requires 5 lbs. of meat to feed us all. So, the bigger packages for us are the ticket. BJ's accepts coupons but after using BJ's for a year, we really missed Sam's. BJ's never had a lot of what we needed nor did they do a whole lot of generics. So, we go to Sam's. They have a $25 gift card on the web when you sign up for a membership for $40. So, essentially you pay $15 for the year. That's what we did last year. Plus, my husband saves on gas bygoing there and filling up. It all depends upon what you are looking for. Sam's milk is also cheap. We go through a gallon to 2 gallons a day. Good luck. Try both stores. They usually offer free guest passes for a day. See what fits your needs.

Stephanie--mom to 7

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I think that BJ's carries a better quality of food products than Sams does. I like the selection of cheeses, seafoods, deli meats and other prepared items. I used to prepare party trays with my mom, and we always found good quality from BJ's. Wellesley Farms is BJ's own brand on alot of products and is very good. BJ's is closer, at the present time, neither DH or I have any reason to run all the way to Costco or Sams when BJs is at White Oak. I would find comparing Sams to BJ's, like comparing Walmart to Lowes Foods.

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

My all time favorite go to is the 8 iron.

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

We were Sam's Club members a long time ago, but let it expire. We just didn't see that much benefit from it. Really the best idea for finding savings at discount club stores like these is for two families (or households) to share a membership and split the costs on bulk items they'll use. Buying in bulk doesn't really give you that much savings if you wind up wasting much of what you buy.

7. Grinder

See thats where i get into trouble. The 8 iron, historically, should be hit 135-140 yards. However i pummel it to about 155-160. My pitching wedge runs around to 150 so i am way over on my yardage.

8. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

It makes sense to go to BJ's since is the closest to this area. Unless there's a Sam's around here I don't know about, I wouldn't want to drive all the way to Cary or Raleigh for Sam's when you can go to garner to BJs. Costco might be worth it. I friends that really like Costco. You do pay for membership at these places but it is worth it if you have a big family. I save a lot of money at BJs. A lot!!!! I bought 12 boneless individually wrapped chicken breasts this week for $17. You can't do that at Lowe's Foods or Food Lion unless there is a really nice sale.

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

See with me either with my old traditional lofted irons (mp-33's) or my new x-18's I hit the 8 between 140-145 on full swings or I can hit it 75-80 or less with a chopping chip shot.

10. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I really like Costco the best, but it is too far out to go to when BJ's is so close. We did a trial membership at Costco when they first opened up, but found out that we just did not drive up there and use it. I wish they would open one closer, maybe in Garner... We have a BJ's membership and use it all the time.

11. TVfan

TVfan Active Member

There is a Costco in Fuquay Varina.

12. Grinder

I have a 65 degree sand wedge that i can hit about 70 yards tops. Then my normal sand is 125. I have nothing between 70 and 125. Laying off on a club kills me.

13. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Where is the costco in fuquay?

14. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

What would be really nice would be if they built a Costco in the proposed shopping plaza across from the new wally world on rte 42.

15. cece

cece Well-Known Member

We belong to BJ's and Costco. BJ's is most convenient, but we really like Costco too.

16. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Ooohh!!! Where??

17. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

BJ's, just because I personally don't like Sam's. We only get dog and cat litter at BJ's and a few other things, no room to store much else lol

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Me 2.

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

We use BJs only because it's closer. I got a GREAT deal on chicken one day! They were cutting the price in half because it was to expire on that day. It was prepackaged chicken breasts and it was going straight from them to my freezer so the expiration date wasn't a problem....Now... If I could just catch them on the right day for mark downs again!

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well..........as usual I have to buck the trend, LOL. I personally prefer Sam's. Have had a membership there forever. You still have to shop around, but have found for OUR family, it just works better for me. BJ's doesn't carry some of the things Sam's does that we prefer. Your mileage may vary of course.