Work From Home??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 1_more_PitBull, Jun 30, 2011.

1. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I found this AD.. Seems to good to be true. Which is normally the case.....

Stuff envelopes for pay!

Set your own hours!

Watch TV while stuffing envelopes!

You'll be stuffing envelopes from our ads!

Details on stuffing envelopes http://processingenvelopes.biz.

Has anyone ever done anything like this before??? Or have you tried ANY work from home that really did pay?

Thanks

2. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Trust your instincts.

3. 1_more_PitBull

Yeah that's what I'm thinking :(

4. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I'll bet that you have to PAY THEM to get started. :?

5. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

ad says 29.95 for the start up fee..

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

One of the side notes is they will claim that you either left some stuff out of the envelopes or didn't get them in the mail in time to reach the intended target market, thus denying pay based on what you screwed up.

Those are the two most common complaints I've seen from the at-home stuffing companies and reasoning for non-payment of services rendered.

7. 1_more_PitBull

I have no clue about them.. But yeah they want money up front. I'm just looking something to bring in some side money while I sit at home with the kids this summer. I'm doing cashcrate but it takes a long time to even get up $20 for them to send you a check. I do they pay cause I have gotten 2 checks before the raised the price to $20 before they would mail you a check. Any ideas?

8. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

my dad was a postal inspector and told me they are scams. basically you have to advertise like they did and you get other suckers to pay the start up fee-thats your pay. now with so many people aware of scams i cant see many people doing them. there are machines that stuff envelopes now so its not cost effective for companies to pay now

9. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Avon is a great way to make extra money. And unless it's changed, it only costs $10 to start. I used to sell it but I had to quit because I was spending all my profits plus some on their products. I have no discipline!

10. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Obviously, it's a scam.

There are machines that do the same job for pennies per mailpiece (not $5 ea, unfortunately...). Trust me on this -I make those machines.

11. Deanna

Deanna Guest

Work

I work from home. Took about 1.5 years to find something ligitamate.
    Great company and it is work, you're not gonna get rich over night. It requires the same attention you'd give a job outside the home so it's not for the lazy! I've interviewed so many people who claimed they wanted to work from home but once I showed them it does require they "work" & keep a schedule, suddenly they're not interested.

So anyone who's considering it needs to understand the few ligitamate ones out there will require you actually work. All the others are scams.

The envelope deal you talked about is a scam, I know a relative who fell for that one! :oops:

12. Just FYI...Clark Howard has a list of legit work from home businesses on his website. He doesn't garuantee you'll make money, but at least you'll know you're not going to get scammed.

13. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

Anything that sounds too good to be true is, in this realm

There are plenty of people who do run business from home, who hire online, and these scams give a lot of good home-based businesses a bad name

To avoid scams, look for things like hourly or commission pay, normal-type jobs you would just happen to be doing at home, etc

14. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

16. G.G.

G.G. Member

Deanna how many hours a week do you work? and is the company looking for anyone? I would be interested in finding out some information if they are. Thank you GG

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

GG..... don't hold your breath for a reply, she hasn't been heard from since she was called out on trying to market some sort of pyramid scheme, IIRC.

18. G.G.

G.G. Member

Thanks!!