x rated store

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by BWI Interiors, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Is anyone bothered by the recent addition of the adam and eve store across from Walmart in Clayton? It took the anchor store in the shopping center behind hardees and starbucks. It is an adult store with window shopping available for all to see. Small children going to eat dinner , etc will be exposed to the x rated items in the windows. With this store ,in additon to a rebulit crazy horse on hwy 70 I think our town is getting a bad image.

2. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Seriously, I LOVE THAT STORE!!!!!!! Do you think if I went to work there part time maybe a few nights a week I could get a discount? LMAO

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

the only thing you can see through the window is underwear. do you make sure your kids don't see bras and panties at walmart, sears, belk, or any other large retailer? if they had a bunch of "toys' in the front window, you might have a point. otherwise, it's a fancy underwear store.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

X-rated items in the window? like what?

5. emmalu

emmalu Active Member

Isn't it like Victoria's Secret?

6. KellBell

at first glance, but no, there is much more there than VS.:lol:

7. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Kinda but better ! It has toys. They have a website where you can shop online too. I got a rabbit there online.

8. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I wish, let me know tho :0)

9. emmalu

emmalu Active Member

Why would anyone be offended by little bunny rabbits. :lol:

10. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Shoot, if they did I would go work there. lol

11. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I call him my happy bunny LMAO jk

12. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Are you SERIOUS?? If that offends you, I hope you don't go to the mall.

Getting a bad image? Two places for adults is a bad image? You're kidding right??

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

But much better! :hurray:

14. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

You know the girls at Crazy Horse need somewhere to shop when they get the new building!

15. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Offended?!?!?! NOT!!! I'm saving my weekly hubby allowance for a shopping spree!!!! :mrgreen:

16. shell77

shell77 Well-Known Member

Plus they are a local company (headquarters in Hillsborough), so your supporting the local economy. Sounds like a pretty good company to support.
    More about them here:
    http://www.adamevetoys.com/t-company_info.aspx

but copied and pasted from the page

Founded in 1970, Adam and Eve is the nation's largest and oldest sex products company
    Adam & Eve is the nation's largest marketer of adult products with millions of satisfied customers in the United States and all over the world. Founded in 1970, Adam & Eve is also one of the oldest names in the rapidly evolving adult industry. Adam & Eve is the flagship company of PHE, Inc.. While Adam & Eve caters to a general audience, PHE also owns several smaller companies that focus on meeting customers' special needs. For instance, Adam & Eve Pictures produces original titles with Adam & Eve contract stars Carmen Luvana, Ava Rose and Bree Olson. They are responsible for the award-winning movies Pirates, Rawhide, and many others.

Our employees own a piece of the business
    Unlike many similarly sized companies, PHE - the parent company of Adam & Eve - is owned by a large number of its employees. As of January 2007, 77 employees owned shares in the company and that number is constantly growing as employees are rewarded for their experience and accomplishments. By owning a personal stake in the success of Adam & Eve and PHE, our employees are more motivated than ever to provide our customers with the best possible service while ensuring our relationships with vendors remain cordial, honest and lasting.

Employee-focused with great benefits, atmosphere and location
    Visitors to Adam & Eve often find themselves surprised. The company is based on a 10-acre site in historic Hillsborough, North Carolina – operating from our 110,000 sq. ft. warehouse and a three-story office building. It is one of the largest private employers in Orange County, North Carolina with a diverse staff of nearly 375 people, including recent high school and college graduates, new parents and white-haired grandmothers. Apart from signed posters of adult stars and representatives in the call center praising the merits of a new video, there's very little on the surface to distinguish Adam & Eve from any other company in America. But the company promotes a very employee-friendly environment, as demonstrated by a high retention rate. Great benefits like half-day Fridays, personal days throughout the year and quarterly performance bonuses promote a rare family-like atmosphere at Adam & Eve that's the envy of companies throughout the nation.

Donating is a core component of our business
    Adam & Eve is also heavily committed to public service. Employees have organized a committee promoting public service projects. The company donates a large portion of revenues every year to local charities, schools, community groups, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Relay for Life and the Special Olympics. The Hillsborough-Orange County Chamber of Commerce recently named Adam & Eve's parent company, PHE, Business of the Year – partly for its outstanding corporate citizenship and community outreach programs.

We donate over 25% of our net profits to charitable organizations
    Additionally, each year we donate over 25% of our profits to international charitable organizations including DKT International. DKT International has provided millions of men and women with family health and HIV / AIDS prevention programs in Africa, Asia and Latin America. DKT’s family planning programs provide accessible, affordable birth control products and services to millions of couples, making it possible to prevent HIV infections and assist with family planning. DKT efforts in Africa, Asia and Latin America help improve family health, lower infant and maternal mortality and improve prosperity. Your AdamEve.com purchases help people in Africa, Asia and Latin America create a better life.

We will do what it takes to make our customers happy
    Then there are the millions of satisfied customers around the world, some who have been with us since Phil started the company. Our customers want the best, and we'll do whatever it takes to meet their demands.

17. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more!

18. KellBell

wonder if BWI Interiors(OP's name) is located in that same shopping center.....:confused:

and they went away after posting their 3rd time....:confused:

19. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I was thinking the same thing.

20. KellBell

I guess BWI has no further comment....

maybe they went Window shopping. :mrgreen: