Cleveland Electrical Substation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sacosta, Mar 29, 2017.

1. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Yup, very aware.....Letters went out to those that may be affected by the line running near their property and we and hundreds attended the information fair at C3 Church back last year to get a better understanding of the situation at hand...and to voice our opinions........... We are just waiting now to see what line they chose............

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

4. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

If youve driven down Polenta lately or any of the nearby, they are stringing tons of new medium voltage transmission lines to the site already as well.

5. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

Iv'e been keeping a close eye on this as one of the transmission line options is within 100yds of my house. I hate to wish it on someone else but that's what I'm doing. The latest I heard from them is that a decision is expected by end of April to mid-March and should be announced by mail.

6. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

Any updates on the transmission line routes?

7. jesse82nc

This is what their map shows. I think the numbers are how they identify each leg of the lines.

Construction activities such as grading and vegetation clearing for the new substation and transmission line are expected to begin by summer of 2018 and be completed before the end of 2019. No construction will begin until the North Carolina Utilities Commission grants final approval.

routes.JPG

BuzzMyMonkey likes this.
  8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

The original post contains the timeline. No final route has been announced yet.

9. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

which route did they pick?

10. Yuri

Yuri New Member

The south route to Parkertown. Big surprise.

cynadon likes this.
  11. cynadon

that's what I figured

12. jesse82nc

Here's the route they picked:
    route1.JPG route2.JPG route3.JPG

13. CLJ

CLJ New Member

What do you mean by no brainer ? The route chosen cuts our farm in half right in front of my home and all of my neighbors

Kelyel likes this.
  14. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

:( Huge Dislike.

15. The Truth

The Truth Member

Maybe if they had taken the huge payout for CSX they wouldn't have to be on TV crying again!!!! Instead they
    screwed the town, the county, and all the people who will now have to live with the utility lines running on their property. Then they try insinuate that it is now some kind of conspiracy. The first letters were sent out last October or November and I am sure they were looking at routes probably a year or more before that. Now that we have saved these few people from CSX look how many might have to deal with the power lines!!!

16. cynadon

???
    The two have nothing in common.
    The Cleveland area just outgrew the electrical supply, or will so shortly

The Truth likes this.
  17. The Truth

The Truth Member

That's right, but from what I understand they are saying that its some kind of retaliation against them because they fought the CSX project. But that is absolutely ridiculous.

18. cynadon

But that is absolutely ridiculous.

yes. yes it is. the substation was finished before 4 oaks was involved

19. Nani13

Nani13 Member

20. Nani13

Nani13 Member

Are you kidding? The power system would have come through regardless of the CSX project. Railroads and utilities work together in kind. So no, if they had taken the "supposed" payouts from CSX the lines STILL would have come through regardless. What I find sad, is how many folks seem to think that it's ok for "for profit companies" to take what others have worked so hard for, even if there is an exchange of money. Let's hope that Walmart never decides YOUR family home place is where they want to build. Or better yet, for all those that seemed to think it's so easy to give up what you have worked so hard for, or to give up the place where you, your parents, and your grandparents grew up and created history and memories,put your money where your mouth is and offer up your place! I can see the wondering of conspiracy, considering how sneaky some of the things were with the CSX fiasco. And how oddly it seems that the Northern routes are dismissed quickly for all these projects. There are some of the affected landowners in this escapade that knew nothing until a few weeks ago, after all the meetings,just like how the area in Four Oaks was offered up as "available" to CSX without it having been discussed with the owners at all.

DWK likes this.