Diverging diamond for 40/42 exit

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by certdude, Sep 14, 2017.

1. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

2. ROUTER

ROUTER Well-Known Member

I got a postcard from DOT yesterday about this project, they are having a public meeting soon, can't remember the date, will check when I get home.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Can you post the date and time and location. Thanks.

I went to one of those meetings about a year ago and saw the layout for that diamond. Also they planned on doing it at Cornwallis first so they could divert traffic at 42. Also realigning the end of Cornwallis road to end at 50

4. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Meeting is on Monday, Oct. 2, 4-7 PM at Garner United Methodist Church, Christian Life Center, 201 Methodist Drive, Garner

certdude, Rockyv58 and ROUTER like this.
  5. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

Yep they're a real treat. I have been through the ones at 133 @ I-74 in Leland and 301 @ I-95. after you have been through them a few times they are tolerable. The problem is when old folks, drunks or folks from out of town get in them. They aren't intuitive, meaning if you
    are used to turning right to go left (cloverleaf exit) you will be in the wrong lane. diverging diamond.jpg

Auxie likes this.
  6. Colatech

Colatech New Member

Just my 2 cents here, but Lexington Ky has a couple of these and it basically takes the congestion off of the main roads and puts it on the new built roads ,making it safer on the main road. I hated it when they first built it, but they do work.

Auxie likes this.
  7. Comrad Merica

Comrad Merica New Member

so exciting! look at all these intersections! WOW all the new places to stare at beggars and fake panhandlers!

Rockyv58 and certdude like this.
  8. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Yup, they are sure going to confuse us old folks! Probably about as much as they will the millennials driving around with their cell phones stuck up their

ddrdan, singlemom2, Sherry A. and 4 others like this.
  9. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Oh Jeezzzzzzzz..............I am confused already!!! :p

10. Rockyv58

If I remember correctly from the last public hearing. The traffic light where Mcdonald's is, is going away. They are moving the traffic light back to between the Little Ceasars and the Dairy Queen
    Option 1) Diamond divergence on 40/42
    Option 2) Diamond divergence on 40/42 and a exit at Cleveland School Road right at the elementary school
    Option 3) Diamond divergence at Cornwallis road

11. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

They have these near Concord.....it will take some getting used to for sure. Construction in that area will be a fustercluck.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  12. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

13. Rockyv58

So does that mean that they are not going to be putting an exit\entrance ramp where Cornwallis crosses over I-40?

Also I vaguely recall didn't some developer want an exit/entrance at Cleveland School Road so that he could build a shopping center where West View Elementary school is today?

14. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

From what I understand that too is still on the list of projects.

Auxie and Rockyv58 like this.
  15. certdude

I would think the proposed Cornwallis exit would be more benefit than a Cleveland exit at this time. All this is going to do is gridlock everything between 42 and Cleveland and the exits.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  16. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

17. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

You will be able to get off I-40 onto NC540 and then go one exit to an exit on Cornwallis by the pond company. That is the current plan.

18. certdude

19. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

20. Rockyv58

Did anyone get to go to this? I missed it. I had to go to a job fair at the work force development building today.

I like to know what went on. Thank you