Hardee’s

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Boston Redhead, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Boston Redhead

Boston Redhead Active Member

They’re building one on 42 near the hospital/sigh. I was hoping we’d avoid having the fast food places on this area of 42....

2. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Why don't you run for County Commissioner? You speak of them like an idiot.

3. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

:::cough::: That would be in the Town of Clayton's ETJ and their jurisdiction.

Auxie, jesse82nc and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  4. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Nothing says stay healthy like a fast food joint in front of a hospital.

Auxie and poppin cork like this.
  5. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Actually This is Town of Clayton. Area annexed at the request of Johnston Health when original building approved.

tassy likes this.
  6. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Is Hardee's considered food?

Stinger2019 and BobF like this.
  7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Hot Ham And Cheese is 1 of the best fast food sandwiches in my opinion. The cheeseburger sliders are also awesome.

Hatteras6, poppin cork and Hught like this.
  8. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

It was pretty busy last night, and good.

9. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

It's not easy to eat healthy in America. To find healthy dining establishments and menus, you've got to live in an urban center, have sufficient income, and spend time searching for it. Unless you're cooking every meal and planning them judiciously - and most people don't find the time. Meanwhile, we make it easier than anything to sit on our butts in a drive-thru to get a triple cheesburger, fries and a 32-ounce gluco-crisis-inducing coke.

The health care crisis could be resolved if people were given a $2500 a year tax credit to meet a bare-minimum nutrition guideline (reduce sodium - aka every fast food and junk food you buy, even sweets are loaded with salt for some reason, and eliminate added sugar) and meet a bare-minimum physical activity metric (10,000 steps a day, easier to do than you think.) there goes your diabetes and heart disease epidemic. You would give people trillions in tax breaks for doing this, and save TENS of trillions in health care costs that stem from: too much sodium, too much sugar, and too much physical inactivity.

I get tired of my insurance premiums going up because of other peoples' bad diet and inactivity habits.

In the meantime, if you find yourself stuck at Hardees, I recommend the Beyond Thickburger, without the mayo, of course. Loaded with sodium no doubt, but it tastes like beef and you miss much the saturated fat and cholesterol. Mitigate the damage. And avoid the fries and get a water.

Hardees......adjacent to a hospital parking lot. That belongs on a magazine cover about the health crisis in America. The whole problem is summed up right there, courtesy of Johnston County. So proud, we must be.

PS - the BK Impossible Whopper tastes NOTHING like meat. I give Hardee's a thumbs-up for at least trying with their veg burger, but remember, THIS IS NOT HEALTHY EATING!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  10. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I’ll bite on this one. I seriously doubt that a “tax credit” would do very much to discourage our addiction to fast food restaurants in this country. The real problem is advertising and marketing that misinforms consumers to the benefits of not only fast food, but so-called “convenience” foods as well. Fast food restaurants will always be with us, as they are sources of cheap, quick meals, and as some say here, are “delicious”. But American’s consumption of fast food has increased quite a bit through the years, even though healthier options are readily available to most Americans. The real culprit is the fact that quite a few households do not cook from scratch anymore, and rely on ready-made foods and fast foods for the majority of their meals. And as anyone who cooks knows, convenience foods are loaded with unnecessary extra salt, sugars, fats, and long, unpronounceable chemicals, thereby changing expectations of what food itself should taste like. And for people raised exclusively on meals of these types of foods, their altered tastebuds would hardly even recognize what a healthy, home-cooked meal should taste like! Another major culprit, is the fast paced world that we now live in. Of course, most women work outside the home, yet still do 80% of the grocery shopping and “cooking”. With the burden of maintaining a household, a full-time job, AND raising children, falling squarely on the shoulders of women, it is no wonder that fast food and convenience foods have become as popular as they currently are. But I don’t think that people should be punished or regulated into healthier eating. It is their choice to do what is best for themselves, and their families, but I do think that people need to be more aware of the types of food that they put into their bodies on a regular basis. It really is a matter of life or death.

11. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with enjoying fast food every once in a while, if that makes you happy. Just as long as you remember to include fruits and vegetables in your diet as well. And even if you’re not one to eat many fruits or vegetables, an easy way to get them (especially for children and seniors) is to just make a nice smoothie a few times per week. Lord knows, I have hidden all kinds of fresh vegetables in those drinks to unsuspecting family members who would otherwise never go near a carrot!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    BobF and poppin cork like this.
  12. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with carrots is that my dog and my granddog both love them too and they shamelessly beg me to share my carrots with them.... which, of course, I do because they are too cute. Thus, my quota of carrot intake is hard to determine as a result.

DWK and Hught like this.
  13. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Congratulations. The Cute-O-Meter has just been broken by that comment! C66E32DD-568D-4ED9-A4E0-44F3A5A516ED.gif

Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  14. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

The pair of moochers ... Taya and Nola.jpg

Attached Files:

markfnc, BobF, DWK and 1 other person like this.