How many trick or treaters did you have?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by SSM258, Nov 1, 2006.

1. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

We had about 5 before we left to go out and I left bags on the porch. About 25 bags were given out and there were actually some left when we got back. Overall our neighborhood (in Clayton) just didn't have as many kids walking around as usual and alot of people were not home. I know the church on 42 near my house had the inflatables at their festival so that probably took alot away from my area.

2. le

le Well-Known Member

So few (less than ten) that we are going to have to opt out next year. Who needs all that leftover candy? Darn kids!

3. rockyv

rockyv Guest

zip, zero, zilch, cero

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

They'd be SOL unless I robbed my kiddo's loot! Luckily I had a few things in our candy dish, so the little munchkin didn't go away empty handed. We haven't had any trick or treaters for years, so I didn't bother to buy much candy. Lesson learned!

5. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

We went t/t but I was shocked to see so many BIG kids trick or treating. At one time I seen some girls who were dressed like hookers that looked to be at least 17-19 years old.

6. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

My parents neighborhood did something neat this year that we (Me, Wife, son) went too. They all live on a court and they blocked the court off from vehicles and set up a 10 foot long table and each family placed a bowl of candy on it and the kiddos could come down the court and go down the table and take one from each bowl. Then everyone simply hung out in the court (decorated of course) and grilled hamburgers and Hot dogs and brought sides. It was a really great time and something I had never been exposed to before.

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Wolf - that sounds like fun! We had about 25-30 and most were done by 8:30pm - thank goodness! Lots of cute costumes :D

8. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Zero for us.

9. melimel

melimel Member

Yes we live in clayton. There were a lot last year too. Just so festive.

10. momz x 2

momz x 2 Well-Known Member

zero, zilch, and nada!

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

None for me :lol:

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You could have handed out condoms and Over the Counter Emergency Contraceptives if you ran out of candy :D

Just Kidding!

13. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

All the trick of treaters were in Glen Laurel, Clayton. Traffic jams coming in at about 6:00pm and then again as they left at about 8:30pm. The later the evening the bigger the kids . Traffic was about as bad as the annual October Community Yard Sale.

14. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

We had between 16 and 20.

No big kids this year, which was nice, cause when they are old enough to drive themselves I can't help wanting to tell them to drive to the store and get their own candy...raising gas costs have likely kept them in their driveways.

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Poohbear - are you sure they were t&t'ers or was the traffic bad because of the gas line break in that area?

16. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

We had 7-8 and they were all neighborhood kids...we always do a little something special for them. As far as the older kids coming...I would much rather them be dressed up t or ting than tping houses, etc. But PLEASE...don't just walk to my door in reg clothes...dresss up if ya' want some free candy! :)

17. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I talked to a friend of mine who lives in Charlotte. She said she had 3 BIG... as in over 6 feet tall... older teen boys come to her house in regular clothes, carrying duffel bags. When she told them that they needed to wear costumes to get candy (in a joking manner) she said they just looked at her without even cracking a smile. She said she was afraid they would retaliate later if she didn't give them some candy!

Stuff like that just rubs me the wrong way. Leave the trick-or-treating to the little kids if you're old enough to work and buy your own candy! :roll:

And to answer the question... we had 0 because we weren't here this year. :wink:

18. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I had maybe 12 at the most. Even before 8, I had turned off the lights and cleaned off all the ghostly make up and put the pj's on and that was it. I know I live a little ways back from the road, but the house was lit up and my daughter even made signs and put them on the mail box inviting trick or treaters down to the house and we lit up the signs too. Oh well, next year I won't get as much candy, (and watch that will be the year I get a bunch!)

19. tawiii

tawiii Guest

When I was driving home last night about 8:30 I did not see a single t/ter on the road or in the neighborhood.

20. ponychick

ponychick Well-Known Member

We live in a subdivision near Mt. Pleasant, and we had about 3 groups of 4. There weren't that many homes in my SD that had their lights on, which probably accounts for the light traffic.

My son walked over to a relative's house in Shadow Lakes, near our house, and he TT'd there, and had a lot more fun. There were tons of people walking around, lots of little kids, just a good old fashioned neighborhood Halloween.