So........what do you fix for dinner on weeknights?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Mar 19, 2010.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

when i eventually get home, sushi is sounding pretty good to me:cheers:

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

4. mmchallen

mmchallen Member

Chicken Pesto Pizza
    (~1lb chicken, jar green/red pesto, pillsbury pizza dough, shredded mozzarella)
    Cook 1 inch pieces of chicken.
    On a pizza crust spread a jar of green/red pesto sauce. Spread chicken on top. Cover with Mozzarella cheese. Top with pine nuts (optional) Cook 13-17 minutes.

BBQ Chicken Pizza
    (~1lb chicken, bbq sauce, pillsbury pizza dough, shredded mozzarella)
    Cook 1 inch pieces of chicken.
    On a pizza crust spread favorite bbq sauce. Cover with chicken, onions, and mozzarella cheese. Cook 13 - 17 minutes.

Hawaiian Chicken
    6 chicken breasts, 2 bottles russian italian dressing, pack lipton soup mix, jar of apricot preserves
    Put all ingredients in a crockpot on high for a few hours.
    Serve with rice. Top with crushed pineapple.

Mac n Cheese
    2 cups elbows, 1 can evaporated milk, 1 stick butter, 2 eggs, 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese(sharp/regular/mix)
    Put all in a crock pot except for 1 cup of cheese. Top off with remaining cup of cheese. Cover. Cook on low for 3 hours. This is a great one to double. Serve with stewed tomatoes.

Meat Loaf
    2lbs ground beef, 1 cup mile, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1 egg, 1 cup cracker/bread crumbs, pack of brown gravy mix
    Mix all ingredients and put in crock pot. Low=8-10 hours, high=3 1/5hrs
    I also double this one.

Chicken Tacos
    Wholewheat taco shells, pack taco seasoning, onion, 1-2lbs chicken, black beans, sour cream, lettuce (& any other taco toppings)
    Cook onions, add cut up chicken and cook. Add taco seasoning and a 1/2 the water the packet tells you. Cook until most of the water is evaporated. Warm taco shells and black beans.

Ritzy Pork Chops
    6 pork chops, stick butter melted, 2 cups crushed ritz crackers
    Dip each chop in melted butter, roll in crumbs to coat well. Place in foil lined, shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 min -1 hour. Can also use chicken

Tater Tot Casserole
    1 lb bag Tater Tots, 1 lb Hamburger, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 can water, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    Brown burger. Layer tater tots, then burger, then cheese. Heat soup and water. Pour over layers. 350 for 1 hour.
    (Another easy one to double - except instead of 2 cans mushroom I use one mushroom soup & one cheddar cheese).

Pizza Cups
    1 lb hamburger, 1-2cups spaghetti sauce, 1 cup shredded sharp cheese, 12 flaky biscuits
    Place 1 biscuit in ungreased muffin tin making a hole to fill. Brown beef & drain, Add sauce - heat. Fill muffin cups with 1-2 tablespoons of beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Tonight was terrible. They had leftover pizza and I had cereal. Got off late and they had scouts. Hope next week works out better.

Thanks for all the input and recipes....................there is some great inspiration here. :cheers: :hurray:

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

What about pork brains and potted meat?

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

8. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Brains and eggs and potted meat and Dukes mayo snadwich. Heck yea.

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Not sure what is on the menu for tonight, but I know what is on the lunch menu.......a BLT on white with extra bacon and pepperjack cheese.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Subway??

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

yep

12. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member