Johnston County Schools

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 1_more_PitBull, Aug 28, 2019.

1. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

https://jocoreport.com/superintendent-dr-ross-renfrow-announces-retirement/
    There has to be more to this story. The fact Dr. Renfrow did not even show up to the board meeting last night, nor did he make the prerecorded call to all the parents is just fishy.
    I really did like Renfrow, but if he is wrong (which making this move at this time seems to be the case) then he is wrong and needs to move on. If he found to be wrong with everything that has gone on with CHS then he should not be able to keep his pay in my eyes.
    CHS is a mess right now and him jumping ship is a easy way out.

panthersdude2001 and poppin cork like this.
  2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am in Michigan right now but I stream NPR from NC in the mornings and I believe they stated he resigned.

Sherry A. likes this.
  3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Yep, from the article in the first post:

The board voted 7-to-0 to accept Dr. Renfrow’s resignation, which is effective Wednesday, Aug. 28th.

However, it does not preclude the resignation from being the first step in retirement.

4. 1_more_PitBull

How this is all playing out is a big mess. I for one USED to like Renfrow. Now with how this CHS mess has played out, has turned me away. I was looking forward to my child going to CHS with Jones being there and all the great things he has done with the school. Instead she went into the school not knowing her classes, where to go, nothing other than homeroom. And lets not talk about the schedule changes that everyone has to make.

5. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Sherry A. and Hught like this.
  6. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

If it's not crooked it damn sure looks that way. I say it needs investigating. The good ole boy network crap needs to stop. No one school board member should be re-elected next time as far as I'm concerned and I'm no move in. I've seen it all my life here.

Hatteras6, Auxie and Sherry A. like this.
  7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

8. 1_more_PitBull

He should have handled Jones grievances when he first filed them. This is where most of his heat is coming from. BUT this is not the only things he has done wrong in his time in office. CHS mess just brought on to much heat him for to handle, so he took the easy way out. He has learned he has messed with the wrong town!

9. mylittle_man

mylittle_man Active Member

There is more to the story.. and more people involved than what we are being told about.

10. 1_more_PitBull

Yes I do believe there is way more to the story!! Can't wait for it to come out.... IF it ever does!!

Auxie and mylittle_man like this.
  11. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

13. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

"In a statement the district released Monday afternoon announcing Causby's decision, he said he has ruled against Jones' grievance involving former Superintendent Ross Renfrow. Causby also said Jones will be on probation during the 2019-20 school year."
    causby ruled against bennet's grievance but reinstated him? but on probation. what are the achievements bennett has to meet?

14. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

The guy was 400 pounds and sounded like an idiot when he spoke. Can not say i am shocked.

15. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

16. 1_more_PitBull

How proud we should be of our JCSB.... NOT! All of this is so embarrassing!!!

Sherry A. likes this.
  17. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

18. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I’m sure that they will “blame the victim” in this case, whereas they will proceed to tarnish her reputation and paint her as a “Jezebel”, while the perpetrator, (the “fine, upstanding churchman” that he is), gets a golden parachute to early “retirement” - with his “sterling reputation” firmly intact. That’s usually how it goes in these parts. I certainly hope that the woman in this case, will not be intimidated into quitting her job, as apparently there is video evidence that supports her claim, but was of course, ignored.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Auxie and Sherry A. like this.
  19. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Where and when, " In these parts"?

20. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Same place for a couple of years for a start .....

https://jocoreport.com/johnston-county-schools-sexual-harassment-victim-speaks-out/

The victim told her supervisor in 2018 after the first couple of incidents. “I did go to my immediate boss. They didn’t think it would be appropriate due to his connections and influence. It continued for months and finally in June 2019 I went to Mr. Johnson. I felt the board members would do something. It seems to have fallen on deaf ears.”

Johnson confirmed to JoCoReport that he spoke with the male and also informed his fellow board members last year. According to screenshots of text messages shown to us Wednesday by Mr. Johnson, his fellow board members reportedly knew of the harassment as early as August 2019. The male was asked not to be alone in the same room with the female but no further action was taken against him, or anything to protect the victim.

After being confronted by Johnson, who is a police detective with the Smithfield Police Department, the victim said the man kept going to her office even though he has no reason to be there. “He said ‘I will have his (Johnson’s) badge and have it framed and on the wall at my house.'”

“I got to work every day dreading having to see him and knowing that people in charge know what he is doing and will not stop him.”[...]

[...]“Mr. Sutton said that he had heard a recording of this man harassing another woman, but still told Mr. Johnson he needed to put up or shut up.