“Fluoridation could turn out to be .....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MommySAIDno, Jan 28, 2008.

1. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

....one of the top 10 mistakes of the 21st century.”
    Dr. Hardy Limeback

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2008/011508_fluoride_horror.htm

here are just a few things you will find at the above link.....
    (be sure to click on the link at the end of the article to find out about your water)

In November of 2006, the American Dental Association (ADA) advised that parents should avoid giving babies fluoridated water.

An August 2006 Chinese study found that fluoride in drinking water damages children's liver and kidney functions.

The first occurrence of fluoridated drinking water on Earth was found in Germany's Nazi prison camps. The Gestapo had little concern about fluoride's supposed effect on children's teeth; their alleged reason for mass-medicating water with sodium fluoride was to sterilize humans and force the people in their concentration camps into calm submission:shock:

97% of western Europe has rejected fluoridated water due to the known health risks...

more...lower IQ, bone cancer, changes hormone levels....it's all in the article.

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/fibromyalgia.html#causehttp://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/fibromyalgia.html#cause

“Fluoridation could turn out to be one of the top 10 mistakes of the 21st century.”
    Dr. Hardy Limeback
    National Research Council, 2006 Review of Fluoride Toxicity

...only a handful of the world's leading experts on fluoride toxicity have long been aware that the symptoms of the emerging condition known as "fibromyalgia" exactly match those of the most severe form of fluoride poisoning.

(Also, it seems many medications contain fluoride including, Prozac, Paxil, Prevacid, Diflucan and Advair.)

There is much more info at the links provided.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

When I was put through the conservative brainwashing as a youth this was always a favorite topic.

Here is a counter rebuttal.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dhs.ca.gov%2FCDIC%2Fcdcb%2FMedicine%2FOralHealth%2FChildren's_Dental%2Fdocuments%2F2006%2520CDDPP%2520PPT%2FDave%2520Nelson.ppt&ei=Mh6eR8aCIJ2Ges7Njc4G&usg=AFQjCNEmuoEbuGKoj2PXQnXanMUMxQndXg&sig2=0EFzhQSI2eL6zZznjfCc1A

If you want more, just put in "Fluoridation Myths" into Google you will get sites arguing from both sides, from history and credentials I call BS on the Anti-Fluoridation folks.

I haven't asked him, but may be we can get Dr. R to enter an opinion.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

4. MommySAIDno

No...you're not making me mad on this side Hught:) In fact, you are doing what I was hoping someone would do.

Actually, I decided to post it here for 2 reasons:

1. I knew that if there was any untruth to it that someone here would point that out and I really do want to know just how much of it is truth.

2. Because I think that at the very least, parents of infants should be aware of this information since even the ADA cautions said parents about fluoride in formula, toothpaste, rinses, etc.
    http://www.ada.org/public/topics/fluoride/infantsformula.asp

As for all the rest of it...well, I am still researching it. Your link was very helpful. I don't want to be "right" about this...I simply want to know what the truth is. I have 4 children and not one pediatrician or dentist EVER has warned me about the danger of fluorosis (and 22% is a pretty alarming number if that part of the article in your link is true) in my infants and children. I'm really glad I nursed all of my babes for one more reason now.

I had NO idea that too much fluoride could be so dangerous. Am I alone there. Did any of the rest of you realize this danger. How about those of you with infants now? Were you aware of this? I mean, even if the article I posted DID turn out to be a big silly scare (& I think that is not likely), you can't deny that the ADA warns parents of infants and small children. And, you can't deny that even the ADA admits that too much fluoride can cause fluorosis in people.

Makes me wonder how many new Moms are out there filling that bottle/ sippy cup with fluoridated water...how many have already done so? And...how many kids/adults could be now suffering from it and not even know why. I mean, you gotta admit, it seems quite possible.

5. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Mom,
    Flouride swishes and flouride in great concentration is the concern of the ADA in infants. Anything in great concentration for an infant should be of concern.
    Water supply is safe and effective.

6. MommySAIDno

Thanks H6. I gotta tell ya, I still think there is cause for concern:

http://www.fluoridealert.org/hp-epa.htm

"Our union is comprised of and represents the approximately 1500 scientists, lawyers, engineers and other professional employees at EPA Headquarters here in Washington, D.C."

"We applied EPA's risk control methodology, the Reference Dose, to the recent neurotoxicity data. The Reference Dose is the daily dose, expressed in milligrams of chemical per kilogram of body weight, that a person can receive over the long term with reasonable assurance of safety from adverse effects. Application of this methodology to the Varner et al.(4) data leads to a Reference Dose for fluoride of 0.000007 mg/kg-day. Persons who drink about one quart of fluoridated water from the public drinking water supply of the District of Columbia while at work receive about 0.01mg/kg-day from that source alone. This amount of fluoride is more than 100 times the Reference Dose. On the basis of these results the union filed a grievance, asking that EPA provide un-fluoridated drinking water to its employees. "

They have much more disturbing info too. Are we to simply dismiss it? I mean, they have done the research and clearly they should be capable since they work for the EPA. Like Hught's article pointed out, It is not the FDA who are responsible for regulating drinking water but the EPA.

These are EPA employees so concerned that they "filed a grievance, asking that EPA provide un-fluoridated drinking water to its employees." What does that tell you? They KNOW there is a problem with fluoridated water.

Personally, I think there is reason to research this more and use caution. No, I'm not yelling "conspiracy" but I do find it interesting that the EPA fired Office of Drinking Water's chief toxicologist, Dr. William Marcus for refusing to remain silent about the cancer risk associated with Fluoride.
    and that..."The judge who heard the lawsuit he brought against EPA over the firing made that finding - that EPA fired him over his fluoride work and not for the phony reason put forward by EPA management at his dismissal. Dr. Marcus won his lawsuit and is again at work at EPA."

I think it would be pretty hard for our nation to admit it may have made a big mistake in choosing to fluoridate water supplys. Too many offices and professions would be damaged at such an admission. Also, as in most things, there too much money to be lost if fluoride were proven to be a bust.

7. MommySAIDno