1/30 - work being done on Polenta Road?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncmingomama, Jan 28, 2018.

1. ncmingomama

ncmingomama Member

Anyone know what's going to be done on Polenta Road? There are signs that say the road will be closed (up near Cleveland School Road) starting 1/30.

2. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I hope they build a stop light

Rockyv58 likes this.
  3. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Doubt it, doesnt take a road closure to build a stop light.

Probably have to dig the road up to lay a water main for the new subdivision is my guess.

4. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

On a related note, they have been surveying Josephine Rd. and Cornwallis Rd intersection. My guess is traffic light there eventually.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  5. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Well-Known Member

Got this off another site, apparently a crossline replacement under the pavement. Will take almost three weeks:

Road Closed with Detour on SR-1330 West of Smithfield Crossline replacement near 300 Polenta Road

DETOUR: Coming From Smithfield - towards Cleveland School Cleveland School (SR1010) to Dickerson Road (SR1505) to Crantock Road (SR1504) to Freedmon Road (SR1506) back to Polenta Road (SR1330) Coming From Cleveland School - towards Smithfield Cleveland School (Sr1010) to Monroe Road (SR1513) back to Polenta Road (SR1330)

Start: January 30, 2018, 2:00 pm / End:February 19, 2018, 11:00 pm / Updated: January 24, 2018, 2:33 pm

6. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Its down close to the end where it goes into Cleveland road. The dirt is washed away under the pavement from the last few years of torrential rains. They have to get dirt back under the pavement there at the swamp, just before the entrance of the new subdivision.

Auxie and cynadon like this.
  7. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

8. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

We should be so lucky. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve almost been hit by people failing to stop at that intersection. But, an idiot is still going to be an idiot and no light is going to stop them.

Auxie likes this.