21 charges of animal cruelty for Benson Woman

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by Tbo, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Tbo

Tbo Active Member

www.mydailyrecord.com

I don't know how anyone could drop off animals at the local animal shelter and feel they "could get the best chance they could get" when shelters are having to euthanize over 85% of their cats brought in and 50% of the dogs brought in due to limited space and the public won't spay or neuter.

Good for JCAS for pushing this issue and stopping the public from dumping animals!

I wish we could charge animal cruelty for the people that refuse to spay or neuter their pets and then dump them like they meant nothing.

2. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

What an idiot you are. Did you read the article? Did you consider her point of view. Hell, we give people no repercussions when they drop off a newborn baby at any safe haven such as a church, police station or hospital never knowing when that newborn is going to be found without any fear of prosecution but the courts slam this young woman who is trying to be a good citizen with 21 charges of animal cruelty. FREAKIN CRAZY!!!! I bet she'll think twice next time in helping out an injured animal. You're making it sound like she put them in a plastic bag and threw them over a bridge or took them to the county dump. YOU ARE An IDIOT, IMHO.

3. Tbo

Tbo Active Member

Get Real....

A safe haven is where you drop something off that will be cared for and safe. Have you looked up the euthanization rate for cats at your local shelter? Are you aware of the hundreds of rescues in the area that adopt out cats? Do you know how many people show up at the shelter and say the animal was not theirs- that they just "found" the animal and want to turn it in? This lady couldn't have taken the kittens during open hours (she doesn't have a phone)?
    A animal shelter is not a rehoming business if they have to kill over half of what comes in the door. They are the LAST resort.
    Go volunteer in your local shelter and see what is dumped there by "good citizens" and the lame excuses or maybe your ignorance is bliss.

4. Tbo

Tbo Active Member

sure- lets your cats multiply to 11 then dump them on someone else.....

5. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

This is beyond stupid.

Mr. Wilkinson said: “Our office hours here are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. There is signage on and around the building that clearly states it is unlawful to drop off or leave animals."

Typical attitude of a government minion. Service to the public be damned. He expects people to take off work to drop off a litter of stray kittens? Why is there no drop box? Why not change the hours from 9-6? By not calling someone out for pickup, this girl actually saved the county some gas.

Remember when there were no public dumpsters and the landfill was only open when everyone was at work? Litter was everywhere and people burned their own trash. JC Animal control is still stuck in that mentality.

6. INTHEBUFF

No, I'm not ignorant of the issues with the over population of dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, monkeys, horses of Corolla with inbreeding issues (have you volunteered there to keep this from happening?), frogs, lizards and snakes. I look at this problem at a different angle than you do. I'm doing my part with my household pets. Basically your saying that she should've just left the litter of kittens where she found them, yep that's what we all would want, more feral cats out there in the woods running around making more feral cats. From what I've read, the kittens were fine when found the next morning, no harm done. You spend your energy where you see fit to and I'll spend mine elsewhere. Let me ask you this, do you know how many children there are that need adopting or that go hungry each and every day or that are homeless with their parents/parent out on the streets. Do you know how many babies are left in garbage cans or public bathroom stalls or as I personally witnessed under the crawl space of an abandoned home. You've apparently picked where you want to expend energy and I've picked mine. Go volunteer in your local homeless shelter or volunteer at a local hospital to hold and rock those crack babies that no one will adopt because of all the medical issues or an orphanage to play with the children that have no home and see what's been dumped there. You fight the battles that you feel need fighting and I'll fight the ones that I feel need fighting for. You're still an idiot to think she did not help those kittens, it just wasn't your way. Oh and don't forget to post your home address on the door of the local shelter for after hours so the dumping can commence at a safe haven.

7. Tbo

Tbo Active Member

I have done my fair share of rocking sick pediatrics patients and dealing with abusive drug seeking parents -thank you for your insight but you aren't the only one that is aware of the world's problems - I have worked them every day too. But one of this Counties biggest problems is the fact we dont' spay and neuter our animals and yes I would have it my way especially since I am picking up the tap on on these "nice" people who decide to let their animals breed out of control then decide to dump them at the local shelter where they will be euthanized immediately (500 cats in the past 2 months) and claim they are not their pets (sure they just found the cats). You are the one that hasn't seen/experienced what a shelter worker or volunteer has seen - and that is ignorance- to have no
    insight yet a big opinion. Why don't you pick up the tap it costs to euthanize all these animals so every person that moves, has a baby, or is tired can be rid of their "pet".

8. INTHEBUFF

My, My aren't you just a pillar of the community. For some reason I just don't hear any ringing of the truth in your statement that you've volunteered doing so much, when would you possible have time to earn an income with so much volunteering, but oh well, if you say so. Once again, I'm not ignorant of the situation with animal over population. I'm just sick of people like you thinking that because you volunteer at shelters that no one else understands the situation. I read the paper, watch the news and listen to people like you rant and rave about all the work you do with these animal shelters, patting yourself on the back and that no one understands, oh please. I applaud and respect those who use their time in such a way. But when those people, like yourself start condemning others that choose to give in other ways back to the community I get ****ed. We all can't be working beside you at the shelter, so get over yourself. You judged that young lady because of her ignorance as to how she should've handled this situation, which was wrong. It's also wrong that you judge everyone that brings a dog/cat to the shelter and makes the statement that they found the animal. So, according to you everyone is a liar that does this. I never claimed to be the only one that new all of the "world's problems," that my friend was you and I believe you were the one with such a big opinion, which was reflected in your very first post (rant). It is also your very narrow opinion that no one outside of shelter workers and volunteers could possible understand the situation of animal over population. Since you seem to be on your way to sainthood and if you're not too busy patting yourself on the back for all your wonderful deeds, please post all of your knowledgeable recommendations for the rest of us ignorant people on how we should be better pet owners as you seem to be the only responsible one. Nuf said, :beathorse: I commend you on your volunteer work at the shelters but maybe you should leave the patting on the back to someone else.:)