40/42 Interchange Construction

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Apr 22, 2019.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Looks like they have started on the footings for the new bridges across I-40 at NC42. I hope to get a few photos in the next week or so. Only a few more years until we have a new bridge.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

That will be a crazy interchange, but much improved. I'm not sure how those cross over to opposite side interchanges help, but everyone I've seen does help.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Question: are they still going ahead with making Cleveland School road an exit/entrance onto I-40 as an alternate while they rebuild exit 312?

4. jesse82nc

From what it appears at 40/42 and what would be logical, they plan to build the new bridge(s) along side of the existing bridge. Then transition traffic to the new bride(s) and remove the old one.

I haven't seen anything concrete for the Cleveland Road/40 interchange, but it was my understanding that it would happen in parallel.

This is still the latest map online from NC DOT and some enlarged intersections:
    2019-04-24_7-44-06.jpg
    2019-04-24_7-47-49.jpg
    2019-04-24_7-47-11.jpg

markfnc likes this.
  5. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Does this eliminate some current businesses? If so, names?

6. markfnc

Thanks for posting that, again.

7. jesse82nc

I have gone through all of this pretty in depth. The only one that I question is Triple Barrel Tavern, part of their building ends up in the road and the remainder is inside the right of way. Everything else just loses parking.

upload_2019-4-24_12-14-21.png

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Are any of the folks losing their houses on Cleveland Road across from westview? Looks like both the houses are still there on both sides of the 40..

9. jesse82nc

At least 2, one on each side of I-40 on the North/West side of Cleveland.

10. I heard a few weeks ago that Triple Barrel will be moving its location. The current location will be torn down. I can't remember for sure where the new location will be but I think it was McGees Crossroads.

11. JoCOminitrucker

JoCOminitrucker Well-Known Member

Heard the old dairy bar building thats beside CVS at McGees

12. markfnc

I see Simple Twist is building their own building behind the Food Lion

13. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Yes, that is very good. A little more room for them.

14. Michael smith

Michael smith Active Member

I was going home yesterday from the 40/42 wal mart and I noticed to the right side off the road next to west view elementary that survey crews were putting up small pink flags next west view elementary school. Would this part of the new Cleveland rd bridge going up?

15. markfnc

16. Michael smith

Can’t be just two homes the north west of Cleveland rd that are effected by this??

17. jesse82nc

I'm sure others will lose property, but I only see two where the structures are inside the new ROW.

Michael smith likes this.
  18. Michael smith

My other question is that are they gonna put a stop light at the new exit ramp at the new Cleveland rd bridge?

19. jesse82nc

If you look at the map above, you can see a new traffic light at each of the exit ramp intersections on either side of I-40.

Michael smith likes this.
  20. jesse82nc

Looks like it is a few more houses.

2019-05-30_15-15-08.jpg