40/42 McDonalds HORRIBLE SERVICE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by n4tcp, Jul 7, 2011.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Fred and Doris Huebner are the owners of the McDonalds in Johnston, Sampson and Wake County since 1986. I am not sure how you contact them, but I bet its not hard to find out. Both the one at 42 and exit 319 completely stink with customer service and they're both always dirty. :?

2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Look, Holmes...I get it, I really do. If you want to take my 'greed' comments completely out of context, fine. It was meant as a juxtaposition to CFA's business model. There are some things more important than making money and businesses who get that are often the more admired and more successful ones. CFA probably does really well on the bottom line, yet they still manage to have consistently clean stores (ever seen a dirty one), give Sunday's off, pay very well by comparison and have good quality food by comparison.

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

All or nothing. Rich or poor. Black or white. No in between. Republican. Conservative.

Money isn't everything. Family, free time, community, happiness, etc. amount to much more.

Why Chic Fil A Is Closed on Sundays

Our founder, Truett Cathy, made the decision to close on Sundays in 1946 when he opened his first restaurant in Hapeville, Georgia. He has often shared that his decision was as much practical as spiritual. He believes that all franchised Chick-fil-A Operators and their Restaurant employees should have an opportunity to rest, spend time with family and friends, and worship if they choose to do so. That's why all Chick-fil-A Restaurants are closed on Sundays. It's part of our recipe for success.

I admire that....except when I pull into the drive-thru expecting my fix and I realize it is Sunday. Doh!

4. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I can assure you the most successful businesses are the ones that care MOST about profit. As far as CFA giving great service and being clean, these things are more likely to be true because they hire quality motivated people....not because they are more "fair." Perhaps they do pay a little more but to the point I made earlier, CFA can't afford to have bad service because they offer a niche commodity (chicken) that costs more to make and sell.

As for taking anything you say out of context, you have a history of being a little confused when it comes to basic economics so I don't think it was unreasonable to suggest you were going Karl Marx on us with your earlier rant. Ok....holmes? :lol:

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I agree money isn't everything. I've had offers to make double what I make now but I've turned it down because it would require me to be on gone 24/7. Being home with my wife and kid means more to me.

But that isn't the same thing as fairness and corporate greed.

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I haven't argued that point at all. I agree with it. However, I admire companies who put other values ahead of profit at times, like CFA. That is all I am saying.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Re-read it Polen-My Friend. No kidding? We need money? You missed the point. There is more to life than money. There is rich and there is poor. There is also somewhere in between and some folks are perfectly content with that. Imagine.

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

That's fair....but back to my earlier point....you don't know how lean McDonald's runs in the payroll dept because of potential overhead expenses relative to Chick fil a.

So, because of that, it's ill-advised to toss around the "corporate greed" moniker toward the golden arches like you did in your first post. That's all I'm saying.

9. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Dammit Harvey...you owe me a keyboard and a bottle of water. :lol:

10. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Nothing new, been calling him that for years. He's a good guy. Something about how the letters run together...

Sorry about your keyboard.

11. Ridge

Ridge Active Member

Very simular to a recent visit of mine.... I stopped and ordered a frappe'...the clerk told me they did not sell the flavor I asked for... After I said they did 3 times, and she told me 3 times that they didn't, I got out of my truck... got close enough to the menu board, and took a pic with my cell phone... drove up to the window and showed it to her... She played dumb and acted like she didnt hear me... did I say she "played dumb"?... wasnt very hard for her to do...

12. mcclouds6

mcclouds6 Well-Known Member

My daughter works there

She agrees with your opinion, she is a hard worker and is bubbly to all customers, she even made employee of the month once- did it change her rate of pay-Think not! did she get a free meal-think not!

13. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

Don't like it at McDonald's then don't go there. Why rant and rave on here about it? There is not much more I can say about this.

14. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

It don't hurt CFA one bit by not being open on Sundays!!!!

db's wife

15. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Is he the "apple pies, two for a dollar, yum, yum" guy? Danged if he hasn't gotten me to buy apple pies just because of his sell. :lol:

16. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

We had a truly horrible experience at the McDonalds off 70 in Smithfield at the end of May. We were coming home from my daughter's dance recital, and my parents and my family (2 cars) pulled up the the 2 different drive-thru speakers at the same time....they got to my house 20 minutes faster than we did. The girl couldn't understand anything my husband said, he had to repeat the order 3 times. Then, we pulled up to get our food and were told to wait a couple minutes for the frozen strawberry lemonade that I had ordered. The two people working the window then got into a screaming match with each other right in front of us! Then they asked us to pull up and they would bring it right out to each other. My husband ended up walking into the building almost 10 minutes later, and it hadn't even been made yet. All in all, it took us just over 30 minutes to order and receive our food. I called and spoke to the "store manager" who didn't even apologize for the horrible service, just asked me what I wanted!! :banghead:
    I will definitely not be going back to that one!

17. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Now, I think that guy is great! and we never buy apple pies but if he's there, we do every time.

Stephanie-- mom to 7 (soon to be 10!!!)

18. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I would like to know why the KFC/Taco Bell at 40/42 AND the one on 210 are so dang ssssslllllooooowwwww. I swear it takes 30 minutes to get thru the drive thru some days.

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

You might as well lump the one down on 70 in Clayton into the mix, they're not real fast there either.

20. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

yes, thats him. 2 apple pies even at breakfast. very nice guy, always says hello, and he keeps everyone moving.