40/42 Pizza Inn

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jean S, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I have to tell everyone that we went back to the Pizza Inn at 40/42 tonight for the first time in a LONG time (because it had gotten soooo bad at one time) and it was GREAT!! The restaurant was clean, the manager and waitresses were very helpful and courteous, and the buffet bar was kept clean, filled and fresh. I am a happy camper right now! Love Pizza Inn!

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Yeahhhh!!! Our Relay for Life team is having a fundraiser dinner there soon! Good to hear!

3. INCOGNITO2

INCOGNITO2 Guest

Agree

Doug @ Pizza Inn is wonderful! He runs a tight ship and is very helpful. :)

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug's wife.

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

We ate at this location one time, about a year, maybe 18 months ago. At that time there was absolutely no reason to return. Even CiCi's was an improvement over this, and CiCi's is pretty much the last resort.
    Has it improved dramatically in that time or are you and I simply expecting different levels of quality from cheap pizza places?

6. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

DH and I had stopped going to the Pizza Inn at 40/42 because of the lack of cleanliness, good food, etc. Someone told us to give it a try several months ago - we did and now we go at least once a week! Doug is absolutely wonderful - he cares a great deal about how his franchise operates and he is there ALL the time - not only overseeing the restaurant but working as well! If you happen to go - tell him "Grandma" told you to go! He'll know who it is! Cudos to Doug on getting this place up and running in such a fine way!

7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

i like it. they have always been good for post season various youth sports teams partys.

8. Snuffyjo

Snuffyjo Well-Known Member

Well I think Doug does a great job, runs a tight ship, and I am NOT his wife!

9. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

And I'm NOT his grandma! Hope 40/42's have a great day!

10. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Sub....thanks for the laugh. still chucking...:mrgreen:

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Had it for lunch today. It was good. No complaints. Plenty of pizza and my glass was kept full.

12. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug.

13. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Had it for lunch today also. I had a pizza request and it was out there in no time with alot of topppings! We were even thanked for coming in. It was great, I will be back. The only complaint I have is I need to have a wheelbarrow to carry me out next time. :)

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

What a small world! :mrgreen:

15. Snuffyjo

Snuffyjo Well-Known Member

no. not Doug here either! Just a hungry person that has had a good experience at his Pizza Inn. Sorry to disappoint you Mr. Negativity.

16. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

Pizza Inn provided pizza for our Fall Festival and they were great to work with. I will have to go back to the restaurant and check it out.

17. Lolly42

Lolly42 Well-Known Member

Did anyone have "issues" after eating at the Pizza Inn 40/42 this past Sunday afternoon/evening?

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I gotta feeling a lot of "tissues" were involved!

19. PAtoNC

PAtoNC Active Member

My daughter and I ate here a few Sunday's ago ( after church ) because she was craving pizza. She wanted to go go Ci Ci's but I didn't feel like driving to F-V. I can't say I was impressed with Pizza Inn. There was no one greeting us and no one told us how the places works ( ie - someone gets your drinks, etc). I have never been to a Pizza Inn before, but I do have to say that our waitress was very nice. Maybe it was just an off day and I will have to give it another try?!? :?

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

There's a CiCi's in Clayton and one in Smithfield.