4042 discussion board issue

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by CraigSPL, Sep 11, 2012.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Lately I've noticed that when moveing from page to page or thread to thread that the pages pop up, then suddenly resize and then resize again back to original size. I've noticed this on both IE 9 and Chrome.

Anyone else noticed this?

2. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I just noticed the same with Firefox. Seems that the main page loads, and then the right column with the job listings loads, causing the main page to resize.

3. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

In firefox you can go to 'Tools' > "Options' > 'Contents' then click the 'Advanced' next to 'Enable JavaScript', then untick "Move or resize existing windows". That will stop the browser from doing an additional resize after the site has resized.

Webbie .... don't read this ... :jester: .... If the resize from the ad bothers you, you can use CTRL + or CTRL - to zoom the ad bar off the visible screen. But I've found on 4042.com that the data on the left will slightly mingle or impose with the right ad bar when you zoom.

A tip: You can accidentally and unknowingly hit the CTRL keys when reaching for the SHIFT keys to type a (+) or (_) and not know that you put your browser screen in a zoom mode. Check your screen up or down (CTRL + or -) to see.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I can't figure out why I cannot post or reply to anything on the board from my home computer? I think it has something to do with my security settings in my Kaspersky software - but I can't figure it out! :banghead: All of my 4042 settings are still the same, and I can post just fine from my work computer :lol: , just not from home!

If I try to reply to a post - I get the screen like normal, but after typing and submitting - I get an error msg saying my post was too short....basically it does not 'see' that I've typed anything! any suggestions?

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

How do we delete Sherry, Bob and Harvey?

Thx

6. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

1. Open Windows Explorer
    2. Right Click on the "C:" drive
    3. Choose "Delete"
    4. When asked "are you sure" ..... click "yes"

You will no longer be able to see their posts.:lol::jester::lol:

7. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Your User Control Panel may have a bad setting is the only thing I can think of that would limit a post based on character count?

At the top left of this screen is "UserCP" in the dark gray bar. Click on it.

Then on the left side there will be "Edit Options", click on it, go to the bottom for "Miscellaneous Options", choose "Standard Editor" and then at the bottom click "save changes."

You may want to log out and sign back in to try a post.

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

also if you are running IE make sure you are using the browser in compatibility mode

9. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Didn't work

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

In another forum, we just say, "fdisk and format".

Just so you know, though, there is no "Delete" option in the pop-up menu for the C: drive.

Finally, as a joke many years ago, I did basically the same thing, except I said "Open a DOS box and type "del *.* /s" and press enter".

He did.

11. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

You could always ask them to put themselves on ignore? :lol:

12. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Yea, I knew. I was going to tell him to click "format" but I was afraid he'd actually do it. :jester: I'm not that mean.

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

testing......:lol: yay! it worked - thanks so much!!!!

14. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

No way I would give up laughing at you. None.

15. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

When in doubt!!!!! Press Alt-F4

16. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Glad it worked. You're welcome.

17. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

@ home last night and this morning I was unable to get onto 4042.com on one of my home pc's. Tried it via IE, Firefox and chrome. I ran all my virus and malware checkers and the machine is fine. I can get to all my other websites I normally go to. I am not at school and can get onto the website. Anyone else having issues?

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I have had some "Safari Cannot connect with server" (or something roughly on those lines) the past couple of evenings but usually within a 1/2 hour can get on 4042.