42 and Cornwallis?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I would have some bags of "quickcrete". lol

2. rjfields

rjfields Well-Known Member

I thought that was were they were going to put the six flags over Garner and the combo water park?!?!??!??! :)

3. wreckinstuff

wreckinstuff Well-Known Member

Now that is funny.......... Would we also have room to build Bruton Smith's new lowe's motor speedway too?

4. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

5. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's true or not, but last night I heard that the white house down from the demo house...on the right on Cornwallis, going toward the schools, anyway I heard they purchased the land. My neighbors daughter is good friends with the daughter and she said her Dad bought it.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Drove by this morning and they drained the pond next door.

I used to love driving by and seeing Cowgaters in the pond. :-(

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I'll buy that theory, because one of his two Hummers was at the lot the better part of the day during the demo. It all depends on what they plan to do with it. I hope they do not try to start a mom and pop gas station.

You read that correctly...two (2) Hummers.

8. Southernborn

Yep, they've got them and big boat too!

9. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

Noticed a sign for a shopping center coming soon called "Cornwalis Crossings" or something like that today.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yep, they say they are looking for an anchor and support stores.

Also heard strong indications of a Harris Teeter going in up by 42 and Government road

11. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

More ugly empty storefronts - just what our area needs!

12. wreckinstuff

wreckinstuff Well-Known Member

Does anyone anticipate an economic boom for that area when this is finished? The only one that will benefit is the confederate/nascar flea market out front of the plumbers. I mean, come on, have you seen the quality stuff there.

13. Southernborn

14. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I don't understand. There's still a lot of empty space by the new Lowes Foods, I was in that strip behind GC yesterday (where the post office is) and they have a lot of empty spaces. Why would someone want to build something like that when there are so many spaces available that people aren't buying/renting? And don't forget about all the new buildings they're putting up behind Food Lion on Glen Rd!

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Because it will be right on th eway home for some people, I used to travel Cornwallis to 40 (White Oak) when my daughter went to Building Blocks on Winston. A grocery store right on the way home would have been great!

16. Southernborn

LOL, yep I can get drunk and walk to the store for beer and cigs...LOL

17. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

That seems an odd place for a Walgreens. Chain drugstores usually like to be right across the street from each other. My bet is across 42 from the CVS and Waffle House, beside Ashley Turner Plaza, But, then again, what do I know?!!! :roll::roll::roll:

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Plus the whole back side and lower level of Ashley Turner Plaza is still empty!
    How can they afford to build places like that when they're no tenants to pay rent?

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I miss seeing the cows. Was over there Saurday and saw the house gone. :-(

20. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!! I did notice though the other day the concrete things for stop lights...