42 and Cornwallis?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, Nov 18, 2007.

1. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

I'm personally a medium-rare man myself, love it when its just above mooing on my plate

2. rbcwolf

rbcwolf Active Member

I like hearing the cows at night, also like eating them suckers too!! I hope the pasture's stay for a while, but eventually this whole place will be nothing but houses and businesses. If you don't like it, probably have to pick up and move another 20 miles out.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yup. Nature of the beast... GROWTH. A shame we didn't close the door behind us.

4. babyface

babyface Guest

Cornwallis & 42 intersection

Haven't decided what to do with the property at this time. Even though it was a shame to have to take down the trees, the house was literally falling apart and the pool was an accident in the making.

5. kidsfly

kidsfly Well-Known Member

:confused: Huh? I interpret the sign advertising retail space availability that decisions were already made on what to do with the property. Am I missing something?

As for the pool, at least it was fenced. I often wondered if swimmers would distract 42 drivers and cause a few fender benders. :mrgreen:

I know it's NOMB, but I am real curious as to whether or not a lot of fish lived in the drained pond. If there were any, were they left in the drainage field or moved elsewhere? The kids love fishing and we're always looking for a place to wet a hook~ catch and release, of course. :)

6. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

There was something in the pond because there were lots of birds hovering and feasting for several days after it was drained. Too bad they couldn't have left the pond or a couple of the trees.

7. gillac

gillac Well-Known Member

According to the Johnston County Planning and Zoning Discussion board, Kevin Sigmond (with Planning) says that corner is not even zoned commercial. The only place he is aware of any plans is the opposite side of the road where the landscaping business is.

8. Cleopatra

But the sign says "Coming soon. Cleveland Crossings"

9. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Somehow I doubt that.

I don't think they'll put two Walgreens so close together, and as of this afternoon, there is a sign up where Western Cedar Roofs used to be, corner of 42 and Cleveland School across from ODS that says...

"Coming soon.....Walgreens"

10. JoCOminitrucker

JoCOminitrucker Well-Known Member

I live at 50/210 and hope they do not put a freaking walgreens across from the cvs. I mean it sucks that they moved the McGee house but put something cool there if you are going to build something not ANOTHER drug store. we are seeing a boom of growth on our end but nothing like you guys up a 40/42 I will second what some said earlier about considering incorporation. I know many people are against it but when I go through there it seems like that Clayton city limit signs travels further and further down 42 towards 40 everytime. With growth from 40/42 heading towards Clayton it will only be a matter of time before they meet and no matter what is said now, when that happens, the Clayton town council will seriously be considering annexation.

11. Cleopatra

I was wondering what happened to that house. It's called the McGees house? Could you tell me about i? I like history.

12. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

There goes that 'Deja Vu' thang going off in my head again... oh, that's right, it's back on Page 1....:eek:

See next post... ;)

13. dgsatman

I knew I'd heard that somewhere before!!!

BTW - Any body out there work in RE Aquisition for Eckerds/Rite Aid? I Know where another GREAT corner for a Drug Store is FOR SALE !!! ;)

14. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I never said you were wrong! I was just concluding it was official!!

15. kidsfly

kidsfly Well-Known Member

I saw the sign today too. I couldn't help but wonder, though, is Walgreen's REALLY coming? Or is this another case of "advertise and hope they will come", like the 42/Cornwallis intersection?

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

16. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

does anyone really know what happened? and why? and can someone do something about the fact that it is conciderably dangerous? what can we do?

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But seriously folks, we need to incorporate. When the first attempt was made several years ago, the only folks that showed up for the meetings were those that were against it, others that were for it just assumed they didn't need to be there. As for the name thing, that was on the Post Office's head is why that never happened. Bottom line is that we are either going to have to incorporate and pay taxes for our own area or be annexed and pay taxes to someone else. Call your local Chamber and pursue the matter if you believe that incorporation will benefit us all.

18. dgsatman

It's made it at least as far as JOCO Planning Dept. Site plan is in the pipeline according to powers that be.

I have always been a proponenent of "When the doors open, you can believe it" train of thought, what with so many rumors flying around. However, that being said, most rumors are just that, word of mouth, he said, she said. By the time it gets to the planning department and a sign is on the site, chances are high it's gonna happen!!!

BTW, still no sign on the WALMART site, so I'm still not putting my money on that one!!! ;)

19. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

I think it's interesting how wonderfully dense some of my fellow Johnston Countyians can be. The Lowes Food Plaza (middle creek commons) isn't even done yet. So how can they be filled already? They don't have have the electric and plumbing hooked up in some of them. As for the Ashley Turner Plaza across from Waffle House...yes there are empty shops down there. But all of the businesses on top have been ordered to remove any items from downstairs by New Years. Because there is going to be some development down there soon (some talk of a church). As for the spaces near Golden Corral...that isn't a very prime place. I mean how often do you go back there a day? I think if they expand the road going past the SECU then they will be very prime spaces. I for one am glad for the growth. If you dont like it, then move further out into the boonies. But anyone that has been here for a long time (myself? 18 years) knew that this was a growing area. So I wouldnt get all excited about the "hapazardness" of it. Because I believe that the planning committee knows what they are doing better than you do.

20. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

Do you like the looks of the 4042 business area? In my opinion there was no control or restrictions on the development of 4042. In the early years of the 4042 business development you could just bring in a plan and it was rubber stamped.