A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

TMI. :wink:[/quote]

A new dog.

Give it a rest. :roll:

2. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Did you get a little dog like you've been wanting??

3. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

cleopatra wrote
    and you said"nevermore" :p :wink:

4. Anonymous

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

He's (she?) so cute! Looks rotten already! :lol:

6. Anonymous

He. We named him Charlie. And our other dog's name is Angel. :)

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

How precious!!! :D

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I couldn't help it, Raven. It fell out. :lol:

9. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

WAY COOL! :D

10. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Today is National Lighthouse Day.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok, you mom's out there. Is there anything the doctor can do for a broken big toe?

12. Anonymous

Nope. from past experiences!

13. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

Fajitas and beer. I once cleared out a Dunkin Donuts after having that for lunch.

14. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

Excellent, but beware of the Starburst blastoff!

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Hard to say Kaci, but I don't think there is much they can do. I had one several years ago, hurt like the devil but I didn't go 'cause everyone said there wasn't anything they could do. But, I think it may have ultimately led to me having to have bunion surgery a couple years ago (both feet had a curve, that one suddenly got much worse, no proof it was the broken big toe, but foot doc said it was a possiblity) I think it's a crap shoot one way or the other, if it's a guy and he hasn't got to wear heels, :lol: I'd probably just wait and see. Good luck either way!

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

It's ME :shock: That is what i thought too but DH is pushing me to go to the dr - working barefoot today - gotta love my job :D

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL! Been there, done that! Good luck with it! What did you do?

I was an idiot, went to step over something in the floor and came down on mine wrong, it swelled like crazy and turned black and blue all the way to my ankle! :shock:

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Out on the water this weekend being pulled behind the boat on one of those round things you lay down and hold onto while flying across the ocean and my toe slammed down on top the water and friggin broke it. It has swelled like crazy and is black and blue but not all the way to the ankle Thank God. Your's sounds worse than mine.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yours sounds pretty bad, at least you were having fun when you did it! Keep it elevated and ice it, I'm sure you already knew that. :wink:

I went around in slippers for a couple weeks, a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do!

20. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Kaci,

Save yourself the co-pay. Popcicle sticks (any flavor will do - me, Jen, or Beezor can eat them for you if you need :wink: ) medical tape and a sock for a good while. Let's say a week then see how it is. Take Motrin for the pain and discomfort.

You want to secure it to the toe next to it... maybe 2 of them for good luck. You want the sticks on the top and bottom of your foot. So you can't wiggle it (LIKE YOU PROLLY WANT TO! :lol: ) You will probably have to break the sticks in half so that they don't stick out.

I broke my toe back in High School. I was in a nursing class so I had basic first aid and such down pat. I did the popsicle sticks thingy then went to the doctor with my contraption on... he said he couldn't charge me for the exact same thing. He just didnt' have the heart and sent me back home. All he did was tell me how many motrin I could take and that was it! He said once I could walk on it I would be ok...

Toes are just funny like that! :lol: Good Luck babe!