A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I don't know, maybe it's the beer? I just know that I can only eat a handful, and then I'm stuffed. I should really eat more of them at "snacktime" because I've got the worst sweet tooth around, and I don't think I'd half as much if I'd just grab a handful of nuts instead of chocolate...

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

NEVER, I always use the cut through (from my house) if I'm going down that road.

You could turn left onto Cleveland Rd then your first right onto Glenn and go in that way.

BTW, I'm so glad it's Friday! :cheers: AND Miller Time!

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I usually turn left by the gym, behind Food Lion, but couldn't because traffic was backed up through the turning lane...I had to sit through that STUPID LIGHT twice, then finally just ran the red light behind the guy in front of me the 3rd time! Then when I left McD's, you should have seen the traffic on that road (is it Technology dr?) to get onto 42! (I did go the backway that time though) Good lord, I am SO GLAD that I don't have a real job that requires me to drive through there on a daily basis, I think I'd kill myself! :banghead:

Anyway...everyone have a great weekend...hubby took the big redneck kid to the fishing expo tonight, so me and the little guys are gonna watch Kung Fu Panda! Haven't seen it yet, but I can't wait! Then I think we might make some chocolate chip cookies and gain some weight for Sherry. :jester:

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

No, because it would create a backup of traffic coming off I-40. One of my neighbors was nearly killed there before they put in the extra lanes, because the traffic backed up onto the highway, and if they had to stop long enough to allow traffic to turn left at Glen Rd., it would create the same situation. If they moved the traffic light down to Technology Dr., that might work. (I always turn in on Technology, anyway, because it is virtually impossible to make a left turn into Glen Rd.)

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Weight lifting? Weight lifting? Harley, I'm not real big on doing anything sports wise. I understand lifting a can of whatever but to do something physical like that on a daily schedule is just not me. Yeah, my teen is the athlete and I am the one who times the swims or works the computers.

Nice try! You saw me recently. The wind would blow me away....I'm just eating whatever, every three hours or so. I'm just getting tired of the same stuff. It's hard to put it on and I struggle. It's hard for me to even keep on a schedule to eat...sometimes I'll just forget. The teen's a darned vegetarian...gross...I love me some roast beef but if I cook it I am the only one that eats and some goes to waste. Don't like to waste food.

It will come soon, I hope. Doctor is going to check bone density and that is what concerns me the most. :ack: This too will pass............

Milkshake time,
    Sherry

6. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

7. Sherry A.

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Sherry - another thing - when you're trying to lose weight, they say the worst thing you can do is eat right before you go to bed (late at night). So maybe if you're trying to put on weight, you SHOULD eat late at night, or right before bedtime? I dunno, just thinking out loud...So tonight, right before you drift off to sleep, drink a big ole' milkshake and think happy thoughts! (it might bring you some wacky dreams though...my grandma used to always say ice cream would bring nightmares)

9. Sherry A.

Girl, I have a coke float before bed most every night. My grandmother taught me how to make some good ones and she always served them right before bed. Been doing it since feeling better. Thanks!

Keep those ideas coming,
    Sherry

10. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I am so hungry after reading these last few pages of threads. I wants me a milkshake!!!

Now I have the song "My milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard" stuck in my head.

11. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

Me too! I've been off of sugar for two weeks now and oh am I craving a milkshake right now! Chick-fil-a chocolate milkshake. Yummmmmmm!

12. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

no sugar 6 days now and headaches are gone. that shake sounds yum but we must be strong girls!

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I think cashews are one of the most fattening. I would try not to gain weight using sugar/trans fats. Use protein.

14. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Sherry,
    Are you still smoking?

Sheri

15. seabee

seabee Guest

Cigs or hippie lettuce?

16. Sherry A.

Cashews sound good. You make a good point, Cleo.

Thanks,
    Sherry

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Is it wrong to only eat cornbread for dinner? Just freshly made with real buttermilk and with lots of real butter. I think that's all I'm having tonight, to heck with the rest of dinner. :mrgreen:

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me! Actually my mouth is kind of watering right now.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, there is some leftover.:jester: DH doesn't particularly like cornbread. Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with him, LOL.

20. Sherry A.

My grandparents used to do that and so did my mom. I'm not a cornbread person but I can remember them eating just that. Eat away!

Sherry