A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I've had that too minus the cough. I could blow my nose 100 times and day and it wouldn't matter.

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Seriously, you should try the rinses. It is SO GROSS, but I still can't get over how "refreshing" (good word koo!) it is. I didn't even have breathing or snot problems, but once you do it, it's like your nose/nasal passages have been opened up like never before, and you can breathe more fresher (I know, that's not proper english, but it works here) than ever before! The after-effects can be gross too, like after you do it, your nose might run for an hour straight, but that's what you want, to get all that gook out! Seriously, that stuff works wonders, I HIGHLY recommend it! I'm thinking about calling them and telling them I'd like to do a commercial for them, free of charge! I did it for the first time at 8:00 at night, and the very next morning, I wasn't coughing and my nose was running like the Mississippi, but I felt soooo good!

3. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I call it the nose douche' LMAO!! Gross, but man it works!!! Esp for people who suffer from allergies.

4. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Silly question...is that the thing that looks like a tea pot? Is there a brand name or anything I should look for. Hubby is miserable and I will try anything.

5. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

There is the pot and then there is the regular bottle. You can buy them at CVS on 42 ... Neilmed is the only brand I've ever used.

http://www.neilmed.com/usa/index.php

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

7. KellBell

and I will add, I have used that sinus rinse for a couple of years, and my sinus' are so much better. I used to get 3 sinus infections a year, and I have had one since I started using this. My ENT (Dr. McDreamy koo :mrgreen:) says you can use it daily but I use it about 3 times a week. I do it in the shower which makes it way less messy.

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

We in my house have never used the pot, so don't know anything about that. But we use the rinse, and it's great! I think they're all about the same, starter kit in CVS is about $13 (I was just there yesterday) There are a couple brands to choose from, they also sell them in Walmart, might be cheaper. They come with a few saline packets, then you need to get refills, 100 for $10. If you do 1/day, that would last you 100 days, so it's not bad. If you do it like Kell it would last you a lot longer. I'm actually doing 2/day, because 1 wasn't doing it for me, but I'm going to go down to 1 after a week or so I think, depending on how I feel. I've only coughed about twice today, so I'm doing great! I actually gag while I do it, don't know if that's normal or not, but I do have a pretty strong gag reflex. It doesn't hurt or anything, but everything in your head is connected, and you end up with stuff coming out of both nostrils and your mouth while doing it (like I said, not pretty), but that's what you want, so it's all good. Just don't do it in front of any friends or potential dates!! :jester:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

YAAAKKKKK

Ya'll are seriously grossing me out this morning.......................:ack: :ack: :ack:

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::jester:

11. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

c'mon?! You don't wanna try a nose douche?? :jester:

12. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Ewww...yuck....

but I did go down to CVS and buy a starter pack for hubby!! I like the shower idea.

13. KellBell

there really is no other way.... your head has to stay tilted forward....and to me, leaning over the sink isn't far enough....it'll clog your ears if you don't lean far enough....so that is why ENT recommended doing it there....

14. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

ok...since we don't want to be gross anymore, let me just say that in 34 days I am going to meet the man of my dreams!! and yes, my husband knows, it was his idea...:mrgreen:

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

You keep hinting that something 'big' is coming up soon, So, are ya gonna tell us what it is, or keep us in suspense? :p

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm.....lunch consisted of a chili cheeseburger, fries and a large drink........and was pretty good to be fast food.

Craig

17. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I just told you, I'm meeting the man of my dreams!! I'm sure you'll hear all about it on March 18th, when I come back, IF I come back. :jester: I'm sure there are others on this board that know what I'm talking about...:jester: I'm so excited I can't even stand it, there's a big stupid smile on my face at this very moment! (I'm such a dork, yep, a big ole' doofus is what I am, but I don't care!!)

18. KellBell

you're meeting a leprechan on the 17th?

19. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Sending good karma your way....Blessings!

20. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Nope! But you're right, it is St Pats Day. It's also my 33rd birthday. It technically doesn't have anything to do with either of those things, I just got lucky and it happens to fall on my birthday, which makes it more special for me. My husband is trying hard for husband of the year this year, and I keep telling him he is going to get it!!

I'm not telling my secret, but if you did your research on me, it wouldn't be hard to figure out! :mrgreen: (oooohhhh...I'm getting so excited just thinking about it, I can't wait!!!! :mrgreen:)