A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Tassy :cry: Prayers for his family during this time!!

2. Grammie

Grammie Guest

So sorry to hear about all this. :grouphug:

3. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

These are going to occur more frequently now. I'm starting to hear of denials of unemployment, with the added stress of people filing for it, filing their weekly certification, and being told later on that they are DQ'd from it. It can be appealed. I know that with the onslaught of layoffs, etc that the state workers are overwhelmed, and honestly, the state folks are just part of the equation to determine eligibility. I'm sure that the layoffs and downsizing may have reached into the HR levels, and those folks with the institutional memory of things may be gone as well.

An example.

X has been filing since Jan, and hasn't received a cent. Printed out the page where he files, and it plainly shows that his weekly certification is accepted, but benefits are not payable due to other factors...(he thinks the other factors possibly being that the former job is contesting the payout or not responding to the issue in a timely fashion. ) Yet, the bills are still coming in, kids have to eat and wear clothes. This person is a college grad, and in his forties. Even fast food places he's applied at balk at his applications, because he's smarter than the average bear, or else they think he'll be gone in no time, when the job market returns.

My counsel to him is that the best thing to do is to be upfront with those to whom he owes money, in writing so it can't be forgotten, and that he does have a new job in fact..getting a new job, and that he has to attack it with the same approach he did with projects at work, study, role play, research, be pro active, and keep moving forward.

I have referred him to social services, who are also overwhelmed.

So many others are in this boat, or about to get in it.

Count your blessings, folks. Some perceive that they have few in their life, right now.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  4. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

Good morning my 4042 peeps, its a beautiful morning and going to be a beautiful day, hope everyone makes it a great one!

:grouphug::hurray::jester:

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Morning sweetie!
    have a great day everybody! :mrgreen:

6. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

Hey you might want to get in touch with my SIL, her and her man are buying a house in the same subdivision as my mom and dad. Might get you some business. :)

7. harleygirl

Your SIL, Bev? - no way!! :hurray:

8. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

yep, thats the one.. my mom said a bunch of houses have sold in there recently and one is Bevie :)

9. harleygirl

I'll head over there today.

PM me if you know which house is hers, that would be a surprise when I show up at her door. :lol:

10. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

good morning luvies! have a wonderful hump day! maybe we will all get lucky 2nite! ;)

11. seabee

seabee Guest

Not likely... I won't be around.. :jester::jester:

12. harleygirl

and the next night, and the night after that, and so on... :lol:

I feel GREAT today! :hurray:

13. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Morning peeps! Off to a meeting ..... Have fun and don't be good while I'm away.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

14. seabee

seabee Guest

Buzz off lady...:jester:

15. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Say that to my face sea biscuit!!!! or should I call you chicken of the sea???:lol::lol::lol:

16. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

ditto! ;)

17. seabee

seabee Guest

LOL... no problem... I like to be tempted...:jester:

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Forgot how beautiful the Rocky's are in the morning.

19. seabee

seabee Guest

Dang Hughey.. there are just some things that are hard to forget.. That is one of them.. Shame on you... :jester::jester: 8)

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

True, and as punishment I am going to put the phone down and enjoy!