A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

So, I stepped off the edge of my garage step going after a spider on Sunday evening. Came down on my left ankle and it buckled, then quickly came down on the right and it did the same. I managed to break a bone in my left foot and sprain the right ankle. I am pretty much a prisoner at home at least until the right ankle is strong enough to walk on with my crutches. My dad is coming to visit this weekend and I had many plans to spoil him. I am SO MAD. Good thing I have a great live-in nurse, although his cooking skills leave something to be desired. Haven't been on here much lately but I am so bored I could die. There, anybody feel sorry for me?

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I do. :grouphug:

3. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm really pouty today. :cry: Gotta snap out of it and get some work done!

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

OH sweetie!!! I'm so sorry. Anything I can do???

I've gotten all my work done, now off to run stupid errands. :?

5. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

You must have done it because I only won $107.00 :cry:

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It wasn't me. I didn't win squat. But no one one the big money, so we still have a shot. :lol:

7. Wayne Stollings

Yes, they did. The Powerball is down to the restarting point. :cry:

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Peaches - hope you're 'back on your feet' again real soon! :grouphug:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I stand corrected. On WRAL's site, they were showing the $222 + another $30 for the next drawing. I assumed that meant no one won.

Oh well!

10. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

$232.1 Million Powerball Jackpot Won in South Dakota

One lucky ticket in South Dakota (1) matched all 6 numbers Wednesday and won the $232.1 million jackpot. The holder(s) of the winning ticket will now have to decide to either take the 29-year, 30-installment annuity, or the one time cash “lump sum” amount of $118,005,530.

I can only hope and pray that they put it to good use.

I'm guessing that the ticket holder just became one of the wealthiest people in SD.

11. Wayne Stollings

And probably just bought the rest of the state .....

12. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Bought some this past weekend myself. Yummy stuff!!!

13. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

blah ....... 3 more to go. :?

14. nsanemom22

United Health Care sucks ***. :evil:

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I am tired of it raining every friggin day! :banghead: Gots stuff to get done in the yard, wanted to get it done this evening... :?

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I'm happy to have a job but sometimes I feel used. I worked from 8:00AM yesterday until 2:00AM this morning and then I was right back here at 8:00AM this morning.

17. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I definitely understand where you're coming from, but be careful what you wish for...2 people I know very well lost their jobs this week. One yesterday and one today. Neither one had any idea it was coming, no kind of warning, no lay-offs at their companies or anything...well, I think one of them is, but the guy didn't know until it happened that it was happening. And he's management...:cry:

18. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

Aw, that's awesome! Have fun with Grandma! :)

We did that at Easter time, flew my mom in without any of the kids knowing. It was so much fun to surprise the kids. :)

19. nsanemom22

I smushed a little turtle this morning. :cry:

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cry:

On another note, my son is driving me NUTS! :banghead: