A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Told ya...I came in early and was thinking about slipping out in 10 minutes....bottom just fell out of the sky :evil: Now I may wait awhile to see if it lightens up!

2. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

I always shut down my pc and turn off the power to it. Today I learned the that when I shut my master power off on the pc, we have no phone service! :lol: Went to use the phone and couldn't figure out why it didn't work. :lol: I didn't know the TWC guy had plugged my modem into the master power, I had it plugged in elsewhere!

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

One side of my surge protector got fried. :?
    At least it wasn't the whole computer! :shock:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Why is it when one thing goes wrong, everything goes to hell in a handbasket? My poor van, I had the power steering pump replaced last week, also had some other stuff done including a new serpentine belt. Get the thing home, the radiator finally kicks the bucket that day! :shock: Picked it up again on Monday (2 days ago) Today I'm trying to get on 70 in Clayton and the danged serpentine belt comes OFF in all this rain! I got no steering, no a/c, battery light comes on and I'm due to pick up my son from school in 20 minutes. ARGGGGGGG!! Luckily my very best friend in the world whose kids also go to the same school was nearby, picks me up, we pick up the kids, she drops me at home. Thank god for friends like her!!

I'm lucky I didn't have a wreck in all that rain with no power steering, apparently my guardian angel was on duty today!

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I rushed home from work as soon as my kids were gone because of the storm. I had a SCARED lab! I got in bed with her and next thing I knew she was sprawed on top of me! Poor baby!

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

HG loves me! (muuuuwaaaah) When I saw that link I clicked a few others...

Sushi anyone??

http://www.amazon.com/Outrageous-Hi.../ref=pd_sim_hpc_5/002-2431378-6304814?ie=UTF8

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Tassy, that would also be known as a Gigi, lol.

Ladies, I'm tellin you, if you want those types of products, you need to call me!

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

The rain has started - everyone ready to go swimming in your backyard by tomorrow :lol:

9. JenniferK

Yeah no doubt. I'm not so much worried about our place, we have no trees, but my Mom and Dad have this huge pecan tree that worries me when we get storms.

10. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's started. I worry about this big dead tree that has the possibility of falling (Only place it has to fall is on my house or my neighbor's house) ... but I havent had the money to get it removed ... :?

11. JenniferK

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

12. Southernborn

We do need the rain...all my plants and grass need it so bad. I don't mind it raining today and tomorrow as long as it doesn't rain Saturday morning....it would suck cause we are having our neighborhood yardsale!

On another note...I LOVE wearing my jeans again....

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Just a reminder to all you pool owners - keep an eye on your water level, if it gets to the top of the skimmer backwash the extra water out to avoid any problems.

14. Southernborn

I've got an overflow drain in my pool..if it gets to that level it passes through a long buried pipe and dumps in the back of the yard. It's time for mine to be backwashed this week anyway...before I add the chemicals (and after the rain passes)!

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yeah, you have an inground - it is worse on abovegrounds ( i want your pool :lol: )

16. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I found a dead bird in ours the other day.... well my kid found it actually. And I just can't bring myself to go swimming in there again much less even put my kid in there. I'm going to drain, clean, & put it up until next year. It's too much trouble to fill it back up for just a few more weeks. It took me forever to get it just like I wanted it! DERN BIRD!! :lol:

17. Southernborn

Well...I'm paranoid..I always check my skimmer baskets before I'll get into the pool..worried about creatures (dead or alive in them) and a couple of weeks ago I found a dead little mouse...dh was out of town so I had to get my long clothes hanger out and get the basket out and go dump it...grossed me out. I don't know I'm just paranoid about snakes getting in them, so I won't even let the kiddo's go in unless I check them. Luckily we haven't had one yet..but I've got a friend who has had to live snakes in his this year :shock:

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey SB, they make a thing to do your skimmer with. It has a little basket on one end and a hook on the other. Can't remember the name of it but it isn't expensive and you could probably find it online. Used that when i used to go check out people's pools, it is scary what you find in some people's skimmers :D

19. Southernborn

I'll look into it next year...thanks! I just flattened out a clothes hanger and left the hook on the end and use it to pick up the baskets...I hate creatures! UGGGGG

20. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Speaking of creatures, I woke up with a centipiede (sp?) on my nose this morning!
    At first I thought it was a really long booger, until I had it on my hand! Ewwwww!