A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. seabee

seabee Guest

yeah... ok.:confused: and NY9 is a really nice guy,

2. seabee

seabee Guest

they took care of him early in the show.... :cheers::cheers:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Have you heard her live?? She sounds NOTHING like she does on the radio. Sorry, I guess it's different strokes for diffent folks!:cheers: I'm beyond where songs about teen angst turn my crank, LOL. :mrgreen:

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  6. seabee

seabee Guest

Yeah but it was still alive.:twisted::twisted:...

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Enough with the rain already. :?

8. seabee

seabee Guest

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

It will stop when I get home!

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I hope I am half as tough as my Grandmother at her age! She is 77 and had knee replacement yesterday. She's going home tomorrow!! My MIL had it done a couple years ago and is about 20 years younger and was in the hospital for 2 weeks!! Grandmother was up walking on it less than 12 hours after they completed it. Tried to get up out of bed this morning without a nurse around, thank heaven one of them finally decieded to show up and caught her, LOL. Extremely independant!! I was going to go up to "help" but I think I'd just be in the way. :mrgreen: Been worried about it ever since she decided to have it done, but looks like she is sailing through.

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

She's either really strong or they've got her on really good drugs, lol! :jester: Seriously, thats awesome, most folks have a hard time recovering from that type of surgery.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's a combo of the drugs and her iron will, LOL. She's not had any pain so far she says. I told her she was still on the "good" stuff, LOL. But she's perfectly lucid and herself, just amazing.

As I've posted before, my Mom broke her leg really badly last year requiring major surgery with screws and plates holding her lower leg together and it's taken her over a year to be able to walk without a cane. She still can't go to Walmart or something without riding a buggy, it's just not strong enough. She will also have to have a knee replacement since it messed everything up in there too, but there was nothing to attach the new knee to till she heals more.
    But anyway, Grandmother is about as tough as they come!:hurray:

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yea Grandma - i assume this one is a VA girl of course:hurray::hurray:

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

But of course!! :jester:

15. seabee

seabee Guest

dang hillbillie women.... :jester::jester:

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

and proud of it:lol::lol::cheers:

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Grandmother would whoop you for that!! She's a class act all the way, LOL. In fact, please note I call her "Grandmother', not Grandma, Granny, or any of those nick names. None of the grandchildren were ever allowed to call her anything but "Grandmother." Let me just say, we all ask "how high?" when she says "jump!". :lol:

DH asked me shortly after we started dating why every single person in the family automatically did whatever she said. I said, I don't know, it's just always been that way, LOL. But a kinder, more generous woman you will never meet. I can't even think about a time when she won't be with us. :cry:

18. seabee

seabee Guest

:cheers: Just have the spittun nearby... :jester::jester:

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

She sounds like my Mom - the woman is 83 years old, still lives alone and takes care of her home and yard. She goes wherever she wants, she is currently in Gatlinburg this week with some of her girlfriends. While she is 15 years older than my MIL who is scared to drive down here, my Mom will jump in the car and drive anywhere including here - go VA ladies:hurray:

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yep! That's her! She goes all over anytime she wants, she just went deep sea fishing a few weeks ago in Wilmington and caught that Wahoo I was asking about. Goes to PA, to Fla, Tunica, you name it. (got her a younger man she's talking about marrying too!) That's the reason she wanted the knee replacement, she get around as fast as she wanted to, LOL. My MIL is the same way as yours, never goes anywhere, just rooted in place. I couldn't stand it.