A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I think for the next one I'd go around making a list of who is going to bring what. That way they are cornered into to bringing something! ...maybe I'd hit up the big eaters/wasters first. And paper plates don't count.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yes, evil twin, yes!!! :evil:

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree: have a sign up list - and say something to the effect 'please sign up to bring an item if you plan to participate'. Those that don't cook can bring the paper goods or drinks.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We used to do holiday dinners at work, and we had a sign up list posted atleast 2 weeks before the date at the front desk. In the final week, someone would take the list around and hit up all those that would be in the office but hadn't signed up for a dish. I actually made someone who habitually didn't bring anything go get Bojangles fried chicken one day. I told him if he wanted to eat, then he better go get something. There was no excuse to not participate if you plan to eat. Not to mention, the office would pay for something big, like a Honey Baked Ham... we really just needed sides and salads, rolls, paper products, ice, soda, etc.

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

LOL.....imagine that.

:jester:

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

hey, it's my confession. I am in touch with my shortcomings. :cheers:

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Well I'm glad it's not just me who thinks it is rude. I think the ticket idea is GREAT. And you guys are dead on about the ones who don't bring anything being the first in line. Happens EVERY single time. lol

I think next time I will just choose not to participate and go out for lunch that day.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Come with me today, I'll be running (driving) all over the world.

well, not the world. :lol:

Everyone enjoy your day, gotta get some work done. :grouphug:

9. I hate when I thought I got everything I needed at the grocery store, and then get home and I forgot one thing. :banghead: I really should start taking a list.:mrgreen:

10. nsanemom22

I hate when brand new things break! I've had my ID bracelet maybe a week, week and a half ... That's what I get for buying the cheap ****..

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Are you talking one of those medical bracelets?? I can find out where my Mom got hers, she has to wear it because of the pacemaker thinggie. It's gold. It was pricy, but doesn't look too bad for what it is.

12. harleygirl

Well, somehow I managed to break my glasses AND my watch today. :?
    I sooooo...... need a REAL vacation.:cry:

13. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

ready to go home and start cooking!!

14. nsanemom22

Yeah. I fixed it. I wear it because I take Warfarin now (Coumadin). When I got it I ordered it from the first place I found. Didn't price check or check other sites or anything. I just had it in my mind that it was something I needed NOW. LOL I'm a little more comfortable with my situation now... not in such a panic.
    It's not too bad... I guess. It's engraved with my name and what meds I take. I might get Santa to replace it with something prettier. As long as the right people notice it when they need to..that's what matters.
    [​IMG]

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Better safe than sorry!! I tease my mom all the time about being the bionic woman what with her pacemaker and now all the hardware in her leg. :jester:

16. nsanemom22

Thanks for the idea PRM

17. seabee

seabee Guest

I had a great lunch with great company.... :cheers::cheers:

18. Old Navy is bad for me. I could hardly get out of there this morning. I went to return something and ended up buying more stuff. :banghead:

19. harleygirl

ya'll didn't invite me, I'm hongry. :mrgreen:

20. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

just wrapped up brunch scramble for us, and would loved to have had you over here for it. Sorry we missed ya. I'm here for the duration. Momma and DD heading out to see Jacob and Friends in New Moon...

Tomorrow....turkey sub sandwich and a Packers-Lions game.