A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Well...don't want to go home, but leaving early would be nice today.

Frogger

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

The sweet tea from Wendy's sucks....

McDonalds sweet tea is way better and while we're talking about sweet tea, I have to wonder what nutrient I must be missing to be craving sweet tea.

3. JenniferK

Well although it was mainly a rhetorical question, I should have known better, lol.

Thanks Ken, I know I can always count on you and Clif to "google" me the answer! LOL

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Not much of a "Sweat Tea" drinker, but have become hooked on hot tea. Saw an article a few months ago about how the market for Tea has taken off in America.

My favorite is African Red Bush :D

5. JenniferK

I'm not much of a sweat tea drinker either, but I have been enjoying sweet tea lately!

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Ugg! that does sound disgusting! :D

7. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

That's the one I heard too!!!

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

They've been doing that the past few years ... I dont know how they get away with it without losing money ... I DREAD coming across their radio station this soon after Halloween.

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I CANT WAIT FOR ALL OF THE POLITICAL CRAP TO BE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Hang in there just a few more days. :wink: And don't forget to VOTE! :D

11. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll be there ... but I'll be the one with hands over her ears, and armed with a security blanket ... this is way too much corruption for me!! :wink:

12. elims

elims Well-Known Member

*SIGH* I hate it when the dogs decide that a young tree is really a perpendicular stick, just stuck in the ground waiting for them to dig up ... to run around and play tag with ... my poor dogwood ... (Ironic choice of trees!!)

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I haven't been on in a few days but wanted to send out a cyber "thank you" to the doctor who saved my Mom's life this week. I kid you not. She went in an ambulance to the ER on Halloween with classic symptoms of a heart attack. However, she is only 54 years old and since she wasn't throwing off the enzymes that most folks do in their bloodwork when having a heart attack, they were going to discharge her and chalk it up to some sort of gastrointestinal issue. Her doctor was actully writing up her discharge paperwork when he happened to see on her heart monitor that she was skipping heart beats. Long story short, she was diagnosed with something I had never heard of called a "heart block" (not a blockage, BTW) It is a serious problem with the electrical impulse in the heart. She had to have a pacemaker the very NEXT day. Had they sent her home, it could very well have been fatal. Her doctor said he wasn't happy with sending her home without a real diagnosis prior to seeing the issue on the heart monitor. So bless him for taking 5 more minutes to investigate further. Too bad he is up in PA or he would have me as a new patient. And trust me, I have expressed my heartfelt thank-you to him in person as well.

I flew up there on Thursday and just got back tonight, ya'll have been busy, LOL!

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

kdc1970, I'm thrilled to hear everything worked out. My thoughts are with your family and the team that helped her!

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thank you Hught! She is doing much better today, the chest tube came out and she should be home from the hospital tomorrow.

On another note, I wish I had a dollar for every political campaign that has called my house today! :shock:

Enough is enough!

16. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Thank God for doctors who genuinely care ... I'm so glad your mother has one, kdc!!!

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks Elims, sadly those doctors are few and far between, but this has gone a ways to restore some of my faith in the medical profession.

18. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

So glad to hear that things turned out well for your mom. Yes, good doctors, are hard to find. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and a thank you to those drs.

19. JenniferK

((kdc))

Thoughts and prayers for your Mom!

20. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

WB Kdc! Sorry to hear what has happened to your mother, but I'm glad she had such a wonderful doctor! Glad she is doing better! :)